Home

If I never see 5 Wide again...it'd be too soon.

This is a discussion on If I never see 5 Wide again...it'd be too soon. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If I never see 5 Wide again...it'd be too soon.

Against that, I love the quarters D, QB contain play where a DB on each side has contain and the MLB plays zone in the middle of the field. Also the the CB blitz play where both corners blitz and the MLB spies. Combine either of those two plays with show blitz coverage alignment and it works quite well.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
zone blitz them

If you're gonna get beat ayway might as well try to force a bad throw.

My only problem with the 3-2-6 man plays is the LB covers the 5th WR and that's usually and eay completion ifthe QB gets any time.
Yeah that is a problem but I usually play Cover 1 and highlight whoever the LB is matched up on. Sometimes I will manually use that LB and cover the 5th WR myself.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Theres ways to stop it, its the toughest play to stop this version, u can blitz because the routes take a lil while to develop. or u can go quarters, with the 3 safeties and i pick the play with the mid safety playing the mid zone, like a robber. and the two outside safties playing deep.

this play usually does well, of course his guys will get open every once in a while, but u wont get toasted everyplay. or u can manually cover the inside guy, he is the only wr that will hurt u consistently.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

man cover one with a safety or linebacker in a yellow zone works about 50 percent of the time. just hope your corners on the side without the safety help don't get beat.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I go into quarter D playing a man 2-deep MLB spy, where the DE's contain and I follow the crossing receiver w/ the MLB.

I stopped a guy on 3 consecutive drives like this picking off 2 passes to secure the win.

I will admit I do run 5 wide quite a bit, but that is b/c ppl nano blitz like crazy, so I dink and dunk down the field for one or two TD's and they usually change their D. Once they do that I can run the ball and more effectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »