Home

Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA

This is a discussion on Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Loving the gameplay after the patch by EA

My last game was Colorado a "C+" offense vs me Arizona State, a "B" defense, and they ran 41 times for 205 yards. They opened their first drive with 8 straight runs getting two first downs and barely getting stopped from getting the third. I had to keep 8 in the box to keep them from running me off the field. This is on AA with the only non penalty slider change being CPU RB ability being at 60. Some games the CPU runs for 2.5 ypc, some games they run for 6 ypc.

The only problem I'm seeing with the CPU running game on AA is that the RB's still gravitate back to the middle of the field too often when they have an outside lane. Other then that I'm finding that ratings(especially up front) are what is determining the success or failure the run game. I'm just not seeing the problems with the CPU run game on AA that some others are seeing.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Upallnight's Arena

OVR: 3

That LB tip vid is the **** that drives me up the wall. That garbage is so far from being anywhere close to realistic. I had it happen in a game to me earlier, guy was running full out to the left, never stops but just leaps back to the right 3ft up to knock a pass down.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

its very slider based. i raised the cpu rbk from 60 to 100 after patch on aa and the run game is still weaker. idk what it is. im not seeing anything with the pass game like poster above is so again i think its sliders that are making difference. game is way better since patch. no dline and lb's swatting every pass is the best part. the wr's not dropping all the damn passes is better so adjust sliders for that. i think they just made the man to man a little weaker to be closer to zone and thats why the passing seems better. again just adjust sliders to balance your ability. oh and threshold makes a big difference in all of this. don't be like most and go to low. 40 is lowest it should be unless you want a arcade game or you are on heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

I completely agree PM. Great videos and great sliders man. The game plays great after the patch, some hiccups, but I'm lovin it!

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 08-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
yea i think its messed up on aa only.
i play on AA most sliders default all the running ones are and they run a ton on AA.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm actually digging the CPU's ability to take off and run more now. I saw it again last night on two seperate occasions in the same game......

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
LOL... can post 5 or more videos with stuff that are not that lovely

glad you enjoying the game though.. IMO in game game play was better before 2nd patch
LOL!

Hey the purpose of the videos wasn't off TD's or big plays...it was to show little things post patch they i think makes the game pretty darn good this year......with or without the patch

But hey for a guy who's only been interested in correct pancake stats for the last 3 years I wouldn't expect the other parts of gameplay to appeal very much to you.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

To me, they didn't fix much that needed to be...

They Need a Patch for these things!!!

They didn't fix the Time Out Issue (still calling them with 2+ mins to go.)
Tournovers not toned down (Fumbled 3 times vs V-Tech holding the Top button).
*Speed not fixed, 95+ still getting caught by D-Tackles.
*Play Action not fixed... It's a sack pretty much Every time (RTG mode as RB, there's nothing I can do)

Doesn't look like EA fixed much to me (or what mattered to me).

The game gets annoying with these Issues!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »