Home

So I'm in my 4th year Texas dynasty...

This is a discussion on So I'm in my 4th year Texas dynasty... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: So I'm in my 4th year Texas dynasty...

I'm in year 3 with Wisconsin on AA and I've won the Rose Bowl two years in a row, I can't say I'm getting 15 Five Star recruits but I am getting a ton more good recruits just from having two years of success.

Despite the success of your team recruits should still be hard to get or it should at least take more years to become that dominant.

I guess if you win the National Title 7 years in a row everyone will want to come to your school. Maybe Heisman is the more realistic difficulty for recruiting.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
What level is your recruiting difficulty on? I got classes like that on 10 but never on this one with either AA or Heisman recruiting.
Exactly. Pump up that difficulty rating.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

That's good you got that many recruits but I found out that if you get so many star players, it makes the CPU teams so easy to beat.

What my first priority is on recruiting to make it "fair" is only recruit for the positions that I need. I keep that as my priority until I fill the missing positions. Then I go after my wants but at that time (especially on Heisman difficulty) they are probably on soft verbal status.

I get some 4s and 3s but to keep the NCAA game fresh, you can't go after all 5 star players. Just my opinion but 15 in one year is still good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Texas, USC, Florida & Ohio State are the best teams to recruit with.

NCAA does a great job reflecting how much top talent comes out of each state.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I mean if your schools pitches are Str8 A+s thru A-, then ofc your going to get all the star recruits.

I stay far away from the great schools because its no fun. I spend most of my playing time with the horrible schools.

I was obsessed with getting SMU up on 09, then North Texas for 10, now Western Kentucky for 11.

Heisman Recruiting with Western Kentucky is amazingly hard! I'm now in year 3 and I've been to 2 bowl games and my best recruiting classes were all the transfers I got in year 2 when I won the New Orleans bowl.

I'm a Michigan slappy and I know picking the Wolverines on this game would be too easy. I would get everyone I need in 2 years and steam roll everyone.

My plan is to make Western Kentucky a powerhouse then leave for another crappy school and do it all over again. While keeping my eye on Western Kentucky and see if they continue dominance after I leave.

Thats how I keep it fun for myself.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1

It'll just stay that way too. Im in my 12th year with Gators and i get 10-12 5* each year. and every player i make i get except for one guy ever. It really is to easy when you start being the dominate team. I like to dominate though. For the last couple of years i didnt know how to recruit, so im making up for lost time in this game
Old 08-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't really see a problem with this. In my offline dynasty with Arkansas I am in year 5. In my previous offseason, Texas pulled down 11 5* recruits! I had the fourth best recruiting class in the nation and only have 3! No one even came close to them.

I am however fixing to start one with Army and try and build them up, I don't know if I can make it last as long as my Arkansas one but it will be interesting to see what those first few years are like.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #16
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

In Year 3 with Arizona I'm going to project my recruit class to show how I'm having another story!

1 5*
3 4* (Possibly 4)
9 3*

Then I'll try and get 2-3 guys in the off-season.

Yea this is f'n tough! I'm only getting the 5* HB because he's in CA and for some reason the CPU is gifting him to me. He's the #5 HB with I believe 97 speed (B- ACC & AGI) but nobody else is offering.

Anyways...I am having one hell of a time pulling in good classes! (AA difficulty)

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »