Home

camera angle

This is a discussion on camera angle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
camera angle

So, I'm pretty ticked at the camera view. Can't throw any quick outs or anything to the right and left side because you can't see wide receivers, or, if there are defenders out there, too.

Suggestions or ideas without having to switch camera views? I just get so frustrated trying to throw to the sides or run the option and can't see out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: camera angle

The thing that pisses me off the most is when you're on the coach cam (RT/R2 UP during pre-play) you can't turn left or right to see your wide-outs.

Colts: 0-0
Fightin' Irish: 0-0
Leafs: 0-0

Follow me on Twitter for some good lol'z
Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
So, I'm pretty ticked at the camera view. Can't throw any quick outs or anything to the right and left side because you can't see wide receivers, or, if there are defenders out there, too.

Suggestions or ideas without having to switch camera views? I just get so frustrated trying to throw to the sides or run the option and can't see out there.
Read the defense. If they are playing zone, most likely there isn't anyone out on the edge, except the few times they play a zone where the corners play those shallow edges. If they are playing man, then you will obviously have the same number of defenders as WRs.

What I have done to eliminate this "fog of war" effect of not seeing the width of the field, is, on my outs I roll my QB that direction, as they would do in real life. Not many QB's are going to throw outs from the pocket, with the risk of a turnover.

As far the option goes, I just audible out of it when I see them in zone if I don't have a WR out there to block, or I move a WR over to that side.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

I have tried to roll right, and yet with my QB that has over 80 speed, the DEs are catching him. That, or the far corner plays zone, and I don't see him, and the inside slot/nickel goes man. That's what happened tonight. It was zone, so I thought I had the quick out because at the time of the snap the CBs were back. I threw it as soon as I got the snap, but it turned out to be a pick 6.

Same with the other guy, too, on not seeing the far receivers. Seems like EA would make it to where you could see everything.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was frustrated with this same thing until i saw a similar post about this about 3 weeks ago.

i dont remember exactly how to do it but you change your xbox settings to widescreen and you can see your outside guys. im pretty sure you go to your xbox settings and then to display and from there i cant remember but i think somewhere in that menu it says widescreen. this helps to see your outside recievers but if you dont have a widescreen tv it kind of distorts the picture it makes your players look tall and skinny. but its a very minimal change at least on my tv because i was used to it after one half of my first game with the new settings. but its way worth it because you can utilize your outside guys it probably takes your completion percentage from 60% to 70% over a course of a game
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »