Home

Finally returned a punt for a TD, 2 in one game actually.

This is a discussion on Finally returned a punt for a TD, 2 in one game actually. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4
Finally returned a punt for a TD, 2 in one game actually.

After 8 seasons of this game, I finally got a TD from a punt return. 68 yard return with one reverse field.

Two possesions later, another return. 63 yards with a huge broken tackle and 2 reversals of field. Well, one and a half. Though, stupid PS3 replays makes it awful cause I can't see it, though it did capture the kicker getting laid out flat on the 7 yard line on a huge block. Laughed my *** off when I saw that on the replay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Finally returned a punt for a TD, 2 in one game actually.

i've gotten a few (all american) as well as 7 or 8 Kick off returns (have to catch the ball with a running start to accomplish this).

The PR is just so difficult though. 95% of the time, your blockers totally whiff on the gunners. Plus, it seems like the gunners cover the last 20 yards in about 1/2 a second. So there are a lot of times where i catch the ball thinking i have 10 yards of space, but all 4 of my blockers whiff and i get rocked.

I may have to try the running start on punt returns. But i imagine it will be a lot more difficult to time.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is something that has bothered me for years, and it spans all football games I've ever played from NCAA to Madden to 2K.

Why is it that in every game as soon as you catch the ball there are two guys on you ready to tackle you? I've seen some games in the past where kick returning felt realistic, but I've never seen realistic punt returning.

I don't know if the computer has ever had a return of longer than 10 yards against me in this game.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Banned

Indian Joe's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
After 8 seasons of this game, I finally got a TD from a punt return. 68 yard return with one reverse field.

Two possesions later, another return. 63 yards with a huge broken tackle and 2 reversals of field. Well, one and a half. Though, stupid PS3 replays makes it awful cause I can't see it, though it did capture the kicker getting laid out flat on the 7 yard line on a huge block. Laughed my *** off when I saw that on the replay.
Congratulations. You are now exalted in the NCAA realm. I've played 3 seasons and my longest punt return is 17 yards.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i have 3 but they all came against a fcs team , which was funny cause my next game the opposing team punted away from him three times before they kicked to him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

i had 3 in 1 game in my 5th season. equal to all combined the 4 seasons before. the game froze in the 4th qtr though.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I got 4 in one game and 2 in another. One of those games was against FCS and another agiasnt ARmy
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
Rookie

murph3733's Arena

OVR: 1

I still have yet to return a punt! what return formation do you guys use to return one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »