Home

Anyone play with Washington?

This is a discussion on Anyone play with Washington? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone play with Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
Don't jump off a cliff yet Husky fans but the word is creeping out that Hundley is going to be a Bruin.

Neuheisel closes like nobody else
Why cause he didnt make his trip? Neuheisel is a joke. This is a big year for him.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Don't jump off a cliff yet Husky fans but the word is creeping out that Hundley is going to be a Bruin.

Neuheisel closes like nobody else
With all due respect, I'll believe it when I see it. ASJ was supposed to be a Horn, too. Not saying you're wrong but until the kid makes the announcement, no one knows.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #59
Rookie

uclabruins4ever's Arena

Hundley visited UCLA, then "missed his flight" to Seattle for the UW visit, then says he will visit during the UW-Syracuse game, THEN cancels that plan and says he will announce his decision on Sept. 6th

That's just what I'm hearing and the people saying it have a pretty good track record (i.e. not just some schmo on a msg board)

And ASJ and Kasen Williams are great recruits for UW but let's be honest....Sark is SUPPOSED to be able to keep Washington guys in state...especially if they are legacies. New coaching staffs usually generate a lot of excitement around the program for local kids.

Either way, whatever Hundley announces, there is no way it's over until he signs on the dotted line. The recruiting drama is half the fun of College football
Old 08-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Hundley visited UCLA, then "missed his flight" to Seattle for the UW visit, then says he will visit during the UW-Syracuse game, THEN cancels that plan and says he will announce his decision on Sept. 6th

That's just what I'm hearing and the people saying it have a pretty good track record (i.e. not just some schmo on a msg board)

And ASJ and Kasen Williams are great recruits for UW but let's be honest....Sark is SUPPOSED to be able to keep Washington guys in state...especially if they are legacies. New coaching staffs usually generate a lot of excitement around the program for local kids.

Either way, whatever Hundley announces, there is no way it's over until he signs on the dotted line. The recruiting drama is half the fun of College football
I guess I shouldn't have jumped the gun. I didnt realize he had canceled the trip against cuse and UW. I just heard that his parents/parent work for an airline and he gets to fly for free, but on standby and that is why it was full. Who knows though. Either way UW has had a strong recruting class and the program has changed in the last two years. I guess we will see come Sept. 6.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:

I thought the flight that he was supposed to take was full. Either way, he wasn't on his flight. It's troubling that he cancelled the visit against Syracuse...

I do think that at this point, Hundley is probably a Bruin lean. If he chooses UCLA, good for him. It's a great school and RN is a great coach. I never get mad at a kid for committing elsewhere. Ultimately, they need to do what they think is best for them. We have Montana and Price after Locker leaves, two guys who have proven in fall practice that they can play a bit. We'll see. A lot of Husky fans still think that Montana is just living off of his name at this point, but by most accounts from guys who have seen fall practice, the kid can play. He probably does need to redshirt, though.

About keeping in-state talent at home... You're right, but it's not always that easy. Sometimes, kids want to get away from home. U-Dub did not win a game two years ago. Things are heading in the right direction now and I think that's because of Sark and his staff. Keeping Kasen and ASJ home was huge and it just illustrates the fact that UW is on the rise again. Still a long way to go but it's pretty exciting to be a Dawg fan right now. If Bigelow stays committed, this is going to be a very, very good class - with or without Hundley.

We'll see on September 6!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I thought the flight that he was supposed to take was full. Either way, he wasn't on his flight. It's troubling that he cancelled the visit against Syracuse...

I do think that at this point, Hundley is probably a Bruin lean. If he chooses UCLA, good for him. It's a great school and RN is a great coach. I never get mad at a kid for committing elsewhere. Ultimately, they need to do what they think is best for them. We have Montana and Price after Locker leaves, two guys who have proven in fall practice that they can play a bit. We'll see. A lot of Husky fans still think that Montana is just living off of his name at this point, but by most accounts from guys who have seen fall practice, the kid can play. He probably does need to redshirt, though.

About keeping in-state talent at home... You're right, but it's not always that easy. Sometimes, kids want to get away from home. U-Dub did not win a game two years ago. Things are heading in the right direction now and I think that's because of Sark and his staff. Keeping Kasen and ASJ home was huge and it just illustrates the fact that UW is on the rise again. Still a long way to go but it's pretty exciting to be a Dawg fan right now. If Bigelow stays committed, this is going to be a very, very good class - with or without Hundley.

We'll see on September 6!
Totally agree Apostle. I would definately say hes probably a Bruin. Good for him. However, if they don't land Hundley there is also Lindquist out of Mercer Island and is a junior this year. He's is supposed to be really good.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #63
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

While there are a lot of signs pointing to UCLA, one thing to possibly note: after his visit to UCLA, he said that he was still 50/50 between UCLA/UW in an article by Greg Biggins. Now, to me that doesn't sound like his visit to UCLA was overwhelmingly positive. So it's possible that the UCLA visit ended up making him realize UW is the choice.

So that's the one positive spin I can think of, even though all the signs are for UCLA.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
While there are a lot of signs pointing to UCLA, one thing to possibly note: after his visit to UCLA, he said that he was still 50/50 between UCLA/UW in an article by Greg Biggins. Now, to me that doesn't sound like his visit to UCLA was overwhelmingly positive. So it's possible that the UCLA visit ended up making him realize UW is the choice.

So that's the one positive spin I can think of, even though all the signs are for UCLA.
Good point. I'm just not really sure one way or the other. He would have a lot of weapons at UW, with Kasen, ASJ, Cooper, Callier, etc... He'd get to play at Qwest Field for a season (if he started) and then move in to a renovated Husky Stadium that should end up being pretty sick.

Here's the thing, though... I am not completely sure that Hundley could beat out Montana next year or the year after. I've heard a lot of good things about this kid from people who have seen him in person. He's got the name and people are going to question how legit he is, but his offer sheet was HUGE with big schools like Alabama, USC, LSU, etc... The kid can obviously play. I don't think his arm is a big issue, as I've heard it's stronger than advertised and should get stronger in the future.

I want Hundley as a Dawg, but I won't be crushed if he goes to UCLA. Time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »