Home

I think I realized why I can't lose

This is a discussion on I think I realized why I can't lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #25
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I think I realized why I can't lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
bottom line- move up to big boy football homey, enough with this all american b.s.
This.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
bottom line- move up to big boy football homey, enough with this all american b.s.
I won't call All American BS but it is way too easy post-patch now.

Dalecooper - you have to move up to Heisman to get a challenge against the cpu from what I read from your first post. Heisman is tough and you will have to tweak some sliders but it's not cheap imo. You will have to try your best to win at all times. You can't sleepwalk through victories on this level when you can on AA.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I won't call All American BS but it is way too easy post-patch now.

Dalecooper - you have to move up to Heisman to get a challenge against the cpu from what I read from your first post. Heisman is tough and you will have to tweak some sliders but it's not cheap imo. You will have to try your best to win at all times. You can't sleepwalk through victories on this level when you can on AA.
You convinced me, I'm going to give it a shot. The only thing bugging me is that my sliders on AA are pretty good right now - despite me winning almost always, the game FEELS good. So I'm concerned about moving back to square one. But I'll try somebody else's slider set and tweak from there. I'm still also going to try a cupcake dynasty - if I'm not getting handled in half my games, I'll be disappointed.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #28
Rookie

brettford's Arena

OVR: 3

On a slightly different note, I think one thing that people do too much is tweak their sliders. Everyone has this idea of the "perfect game", and if the most recent game you played doesn't match up, you tweak the sliders...

In the past I would always get frustrated and change the sliders if I felt like something was too easy or too hard during a given game. For example, if I played a game with a pretty good Oline against a pretty weak Dline I would go into the game "knowing" that I should put up huge running stats. Therefore, if I had trouble running the ball I would immediately ease the difficulty after the game.

You need to play about a full season under a given slider set before you can make any objective judgments about what needs to be changed. (except for things that are GROSSLY out of whack). Some games are going to be easier or more difficult than others. If you try to tweak sliders after every game you are never going to strike the right balance because you are essentially trying to hit a moving target.

But yea, as for the OPs problem...unfortunately that can only be truly addressed when the defensive AI gets smarter.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with Western Kentucky on Heisman with Heisman recruiting and I dont have this complaint.

Im in year 4 and I just got C rated pitches for recruits.

I have not tweaked the sliders or anything.

And let me tell you, I want to throw the controller almost every game.

But I do know if I had better players I'd blow out the AI by at least 20 every game. But hey playing with 1 Star schools its a hellova lot more fun.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

i believe the reason the OP feels this way is that he is using "money plays" against the CPU late in the game if he really needs a first down or a TD. it's tough but i made a rule for myself to completely avoid plays where the slot or TE streak to the inside on 3rd and 8+ and never run 4 verticles or HB Go
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna2006
i believe the reason the OP feels this way is that he is using "money plays" against the CPU late in the game if he really needs a first down or a TD. it's tough but i made a rule for myself to completely avoid plays where the slot or TE streak to the inside on 3rd and 8+ and never run 4 verticles or HB Go
That plays a part of it - for me it's not 4 verticals (I might use that play or a similar one 1-2 times a game) but some other things, like if the CPU looks like they're bringing a mega-blitz, I know I can audible to a pass, send my halfback and my #1 WR on streaks, and lob it to either of them for a huge gain and maybe an easy TD. Inside their 5 I know I can run a speed option and get the TD like 85% of the time. More than anything I can just exploit things the CPU does on defense for really no good reason. Sometimes I call an option and the entire defense creeps up and congeals inside the tackles - I know all I have to do is run and pitch it at the last possible second, and it's an easy 30 yards. It doesn't happen like that too often but it will happen at least once or twice a game.

Bottom line, I don't think it's any particular money play or any one cheesy thing, but it's like I have an entire secret playbook of situations where I know I can get at least 20 yards, regardless of who the opponent is. A lot of it is keyed on how stupidly aggressive the CPU is- I wonder if turning their aggressiveness coaching slider WAY down would help.

Another thing I might do is make my next dynasty use a playbook with no option in it. Option is borderline cheese, at least when I'm running it. I've mastered the art of getting the last available defenders to commit to my QB and then pitching it to an uncovered HB who can race up the sideline. And the CPU can't seem to adjust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Whilst waiting for tuning updates, patch drops, etc., I was given the opportunity to play a ton of exhibition/play now games, thus letting me tweak the game to my skill level.

I've played on Heisman out of the gates. Since I am a Bama fan, I usually play with them. After a bit of adjusting, got it to where I can usually win most games, but would occasionally drop one to Florida or Ohio St. Played against Bama themselves and found a pretty even game. Tried it again. Same result. Played as Army against Virginia Tech and lost by 17. Played as Duke against Ohio St. and almost pulled off an upset, but still lost. I just kept testing out my set until I felt like I was getting good games and realistic results based on the user team and the CPU team.

Then I made it just a bit more difficult overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »