Home

They Fired Me

This is a discussion on They Fired Me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: They Fired Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I think the goals for 1-star teams are always unrealistic. Beat 5-6 prestige teams, finish with a bowl bid, etc. Really tough to do early on.
I think Buffalo starts off as a 2*, but I could be wrong. Beating a 5 or 6 is crazy either way. My Utah State Dynasty the goals were always have a winning season and receive a bowl bid both years that I was a 1*.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
can you sue?

claim discrmination

This is America! It's never your fault!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by isd71
Man's that tough. The only time I got fired in an NCAA football game was back in 2004. I was Ohio a 1* team that was horrible. I was fired after two losing seasons but got an offer from Middle Tenn. State another 1*. When I looked at their roster I was shocked when I saw they had recruited an 80 ovr QB, needless to say we were good. You might want to keep the dynasty going and try a different team. A change of venue might be good for you.
I agree with...alot of times If you build up a crappys school. The big dogs will be calling for ya. Alot of times the bigger schools will be down. That what makes so fun to go there and build them back up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
You lost to your number one rival three straight years and failed 8 out of 9 goals. You had a three year deal with 9 marks to reach and you only made one of them with as you said a walk in the park shedule. Yes the goal of beating a 5 or 6 star school might have been a reach of an goal but you failed to beat your rival and finish in the top 3. You should have been fired.
I could understand if I was coaching Notre Dame and was fired but it's Buffalo. Considering that they were a 1-10 team just a few years ago, two 7-5 seasons can't be that bad (with 2 bowl appearances).

Oh well, now I know what I have to do. I wish EA would do more personal (team based) goal system, that's some what possible/realistic.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

You got screwed! If you have a winning record with Buffalo, that's an accomplishment. Not to mention it takes about 3 years to get some handy recruits in there who can contribute. You were fired way too quickly imo.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

2 things:

Buffalo is a 2 star program to start.

And

if you were never offered a contract extension, you technically were never fired, your contract ended.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I could understand if I was coaching Notre Dame and was fired but it's Buffalo. Considering that they were a 1-10 team just a few years ago, two 7-5 seasons can't be that bad (with 2 bowl appearances).

Oh well, now I know what I have to do. I wish EA would do more personal (team based) goal system, that's some what possible/realistic.
I get what you are saying and I agree that the goals for different teams should be adjusted. I was just saying from they way they stand now failing 8 out of 9 will get you fired. But I do wonder if beating your rival those three years would have saved your job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
Banned

i didnt even know you could get fired that's tight how about madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »