Home

No love for the mid-majors

This is a discussion on No love for the mid-majors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
No love for the mid-majors

Okay so first let me apologize for bitching and moaning. So to tell you a little about my dynasty I'm in my fifth year at Utah I've only lost a total of 4 games, been in a BCS bowl every year(play a tough schedule aside from my Conference), won the NC last year. Here's my beef, as far as recruiting goes, its stale, I've only been pulling in 4-5 (4*) recruits in one incoming class and about 10 (3*)my roster keeps declining. Also no love from the BCS, the year i got to the NC game i of course was undefeated and got some help because Texas and Nebraska were 1 and 2 in the polls, other then that blessing, no love. Also i was hoping i could just try and play my way into the pac-10, no invite(thought i read on here somewhere they still send invites on 11?). My question though has anyone had the same problem with there mid-major or is this a prime example of how dynasty mode is broken?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: No love for the mid-majors

Anybody else starting to have an involuntary eye-roll reaction to the word "broken"? Just because things work slightly differently than you'd expect or like doesn't mean they are capital-B Broken.

On recruiting: read the tips threads, there are several of them with lots of good suggestions. Maybe you're not recruiting optimally. It's harder than it used to be. With my dynasty team I had a couple mediocre classes until I got better at the system - this last season I pulled in several 5* guys, a bunch of 4*s, and only a few 3*s to fill out my depth chart. I was top five nationally in recruiting classes. It's not impossible to do really well in recruiting, but it's much harder than in any previous NCAA game.

On the BCS, stuff happens. The REAL BCS is screwed up - I actually think the game's version is close to reality, if not slightly better. And I say this after just missing the NC game as an undefeated team following a championship year. The logic can be weird at times but isn't that pretty accurate to reality? Just give yourself a tougher schedule and do your best. If you want to make a stronger argument, we need to talk about your schedule, the other ranked teams' schedules, etc... otherwise it's just theory.

On conf. invites, someone on the teambuilder forum just confirmed that they're in the game. But they probably don't come around often. The guy who confirmed it got entry into the Big 10 to replace IU in his third year.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

So that I understand the question, you want to be able to pull in better recruiting classes? Has your program increased it's star rating? Have any of your attributes increased? I'd have to think they would have for sure.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Another option, just lower your recruiting difficulty.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

I pick the mid-majors specifically for the reasons your complaining about, its rough. It should be. If for whatever reason Nevada goes to a handful of BCS bowls and a NC they still just don't have the same pull as USC, Ohio State, Texas, or even Oregon just on the sake of the name. It sounds realistic, good players might go to Boise, Utah, or TCU now just not a ton and probably never will because there's no long term proven staying power of their programs consistently being up at the top 10 range, not even top 25.

Basically I understand why you're saying everything you are but, I can reason despite you earning your way to a 5* program or whatever.

That's another thing its far too easy to gain prestige and they hand out 5* and 6*'s way too easily. You should have multiple years of proven success before gaining any prestige not just meet 2 of your 3 goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1

Check out Boise St's recruits the last few years. The have had a total of 3 **** recruits since 2007.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Anybody else starting to have an involuntary eye-roll reaction to the word "broken"?
Yes.......

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I won the NC first year, Go Utes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »