Home

Any unbalanced line offensive formations?

This is a discussion on Any unbalanced line offensive formations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Any unbalanced line offensive formations?

I haven't detailed all the formations yet, but has anyone seen an unbalanced line used? If so, whose playbook is that.

For those who don't know (and sorry if I'm insulting those who do know), and unbalanced line is where the ball is snapped from the guard position, not the center position. I've seen it more in the NFL in the last couple of years to show a stronger "strong" side and to catch defenses in traps on the weak side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any unbalanced line offensive formations?

can i piggyback without starting a new thread and ask what shotgun formations are wildcat besides just the one that's labeled shotgun wildcat.

LSU uses it (wildcat) formation but doesn't have the shotgun wildcat listed as a formation.
Chicago White Sox
Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Miami has two unbalanced formations. One in I-form with 1 WR a tackle over, and a TE as a wing off of that tackle. The other one is in Strong-I with two receivers to the side of the tackle over.

My Video Game Streams
Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I thought the unbalanced line was where there were three tackles -- two on one side in place of the TE. If that's the case I have seen it in the I form tight in a couple of playbooks (Arkansas/Florida State) where you can sub to the "Heavy" package that will bring in the third tackle on the right side in place of a TE.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I thought the unbalanced line was where there were three tackles -- two on one side in place of the TE. If that's the case I have seen it in the I form tight in a couple of playbooks (Arkansas/Florida State) where you can sub to the "Heavy" package that will bring in the third tackle on the right side in place of a TE.
No, that's not what I'm talking about. Jumbo, heavy formations can be done easily with a formation sub.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

Several playbooks have I Form - Y Trips. Great for playaction if you use it right (i.e. running first to set it up and using fake snaps). Michigan State and I believe Wake Forest are the two playbooks that I've used most. Both are multiple formation playbooks.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMonty
Several playbooks have I Form - Y Trips. Great for playaction if you use it right (i.e. running first to set it up and using fake snaps). Michigan State and I believe Wake Forest are the two playbooks that I've used most. Both are multiple formation playbooks.

Correct as well as Utah has a "Wild Ute" which is similar to the wildcat, not to many options though just blast up the gut and a few end around's, 1 PA play as well.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Miami has two unbalanced formations. One in I-form with 1 WR a tackle over, and a TE as a wing off of that tackle. The other one is in Strong-I with two receivers to the side of the tackle over.
FAU also has the tackle over formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »