Home

Navy Dynasty with Recruiting Restrictions

This is a discussion on Navy Dynasty with Recruiting Restrictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Navy Dynasty with Recruiting Restrictions

Just began my Navy dynasty with the depth chart update after fall camp along with mashing in plebes who made a name for themselves. Made for some tough decisions but how can you not include Wave Ryder. Anyways, I am playing this year with restrictions.

As a military academy, recruiting will have its ceiling. I have restricted myself to talking to 3 3-star recruits every year. Every other recruit I speak to must be a 2-star or 1-star. It was tough mining through the 50 or so 3-star recruits interested but I made my decision and I can't go after any more 3-star players even if I lose 1 of the 3 to another school. So, a large part of this dynasty if I can keep my job will be to find the diamonds in the 2-star and below wasteland.

I am playing with SN's All-American sliders and recruiting on Heisman difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Navy Dynasty with Recruiting Restrictions

do you plan on rebuilding navy? or maintaining them? If you consistently win then the 5 stars will eventually want to come there.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

Not wanting to derail your thread but, I did something similar with Army & Navy in the past. My limitations were on height, weight and...wait, didn't they use to have a stat or something that covered 'book-smart'? What ever it was I said that had to be B+ minimum as well.

With those restrictions, it was REAL tough to find athletes that would also be good future officers.

Great fun tho and good luck!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
Rookie

i like the concept of this. Keep us updated on how your season progresses.
Terps

GT "Bigdiesel06"
Old 08-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Rookie

I am not rebuilding Navy. They are as good as they will ever be right now. If anything, I will be making them worse with the restrictions. I already has a 4 star player interested but in this dynasty I will never try to get a 4 star or 5 star player. I will only try and get 3 3 star players and everybody else I will try and get will be 2 star and below.

The height and weight things have changed completely as the players they recruited this year include a 6'7'' guy and a few 300 pound guys. So I am thinking about that or awareness since awareness isn't about school knowledge. I would like for EA to also include GPA and SAT scores for players so certain schools can't go after them.

I will keep up the this thread with updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubucarow
I am not rebuilding Navy. They are as good as they will ever be right now. If anything, I will be making them worse with the restrictions. I already has a 4 star player interested but in this dynasty I will never try to get a 4 star or 5 star player. I will only try and get 3 3 star players and everybody else I will try and get will be 2 star and below.

The height and weight things have changed completely as the players they recruited this year include a 6'7'' guy and a few 300 pound guys. So I am thinking about that or awareness since awareness isn't about school knowledge. I would like for EA to also include GPA and SAT scores for players so certain schools can't go after them.

I will keep up the this thread with updates.
The day EA adds GPA and SAT scores to recruiting in Dynasty Mode is the day I never play this game again. Jesus christ.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

Y dont you try and return them to a national powerhouse? I think they have some ways to go to get as good as they can be.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artof_War
The day EA adds GPA and SAT scores to recruiting in Dynasty Mode is the day I never play this game again. Jesus christ.
Why? That is a realistic aspect of recruiting. Lots of kids do not qualify because of those very reasons. Why do you think Ivy League schools, Army, Navy, Air Force, Stanford, etc. and other top academic schools do not succeed all that well? Because it's so hard to get into those schools and they usually do not make exceptions for athletes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »