Home

Is anyone else terribly bored and or frustrated with this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else terribly bored and or frustrated with this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Is anyone else terribly bored and or frustrated with this game?

Back to the robo QB issue...

I just beat Stanford 34-17 on All-American with tweaked sliders. Andrew Luck went 18-33 for 239 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT... No comeback AI was present. I dominated the whole game and only committed one turnover (in the first quarter).

I just don't understand some of these issues that people are having. I've played over half a season now and have not once experienced anything that even resembled "comeback AI." When I throw a pick, it's usually because I made a bad choice. I've had receivers fall down and the ball got picked, stuff that happens in real life. I've fumbled the ball after giving a tired RB too many carries in a row.

I'm not calling people dishonest but I wish they'd realize that they don't speak for the masses when talking about some type of comeback AI... That's the one issue that really leaves me scratching my head. I've absolutely throttled teams and they had no chance to come back.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #10
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskAir
...Next-gen gaming now has "robo-game." The computer controls the game. It can do what it wants, when it wants...
Are you playing on Heisman?

I started on Varsity, moved up to AA when I felt comfortable with all the controls, and the game doesn't feel cheap on AA.

I dunno... I was thinking maybe it's Heisman difficulty... I haven't even tried that level yet, and probably won't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not really experiencing any of these issues, but the previous poster is correct with Heisman. If you play on Heisman and make a few mistakes the CPU will make you pay 9 out of 10 times. The CPU is also very hard to stop. But it goes both ways. I have had games where I have gotten absolutely destroyed by the CPU and others where I have come back to win and others where I have owned the game from beginning to end. I'm 4-5 in my OD (1 other user) and i'm really enjoying it. I play Ohio State (#1) next and I know I'm going to have trouble with them. I enjoying fearing my opponent. When there is no fear and you know you are going to win every game then it's just not fun anymore. I like the challenge.

I urge you to play around with the sliders as I feel there are some good settings out there that are right for you.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #13
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2

Yawn to another complaining thread. Use some sliders people. That's why they are in the game. It's impossible for the entire community to agree on how a game should play, therefore, adjust to your liking.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, the complaining threads are getting old. If you don't want to play, take the game out, put it away, play something else, and don't come in here and post that you aren't playing anymore. Do you want us to try to talk you out of not playing, or what?

Now, to be fair, this problem, I've seen MANY times on my game:

Quote:
- I lost count weeks ago, how many times I have attempted to switch to a defender to make a tackle, only to have the CPU switch to the wrong player. I need to start taking videos and sending them to EA to explain. It's hard to explain in words...so I'll spare you attempting to envision anything. Anywho, I would like to know how defensive player switching is programmed. It seems to switch to the player not in position/or in the most awkward position. Every once in a blue moon it will switch to the player you want, and it seems to give a half-second delay. Your player pretty much just STOPS before you can do anything with him...it's not fluid motion. Anyways, when that happens the player with the ball will typically score, or gain a big play.
But I still love this game and will continue to play it as much as I can.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

the game gets frustrating at times cause there are certain times when no matter what, the CPU will "cheat" to try and win. Doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough where I'm banging my fist into my chair out of frustration.

good example: beat BC w/ my created school @ #24 BC, 38-35. I was about to make it 28-13 when I "fumbled" at their 5, they return it untouched for a score. Later I make it 28-19 and of course, ensuing kickoff he sheds 4 tackles for a return TD, 28-26. After going up 32-31 on a long untouched pass play where my DB was no where near the guy on MAN COVERAGE, my guy magically fumbles the kickoff, but I hold them to a FG, 31-35. I wound up winning but you get my point. It seems like the CPU will do everything they can to make you lose. Sometimes it's not so bad but it's not a game killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #16
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

No man, this game is great and still loving it.

Maybe after you watch some college ball during the season it will inspire you. it does me even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »