Home

Problems Covering TE

This is a discussion on Problems Covering TE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

purduepete's Arena

OVR: 0
Problems Covering TE

Anyone else having TE just tear you up online? Ive tried all kinds of coverages, even covering him myself. But it always seems like the people that have beaten me online constantly hot route their TE to do a slant or fade route and throw over my backers 20 yards downfield. Its so frustrating because half the time I see it coming, I key him, and he still gets free or just catches it over my LB. Anyway, anyone got some tips? Im tired of the cheesers throwing to one guy all the way downfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Problems Covering TE

Some defensive formations have a play called Double TE or Double TE Bracket, which will add a safety in double coverage on the TE. I'm not sure which formations have it. I think it's on Nickel Normal.

Also, consider using a defensive play call that has man coverage but leaves one of the LBs in a zone over the middle. You should have an LB or Safety manned up on the TE, and you can control the Zone LB to help out with the TE. I know most of the Cover 1 plays are like this. You'll be exposed deep, but generally if you can stop the first level of cheese then the cheesers aren't smart enough to figure out another cheap trick.

Either that or just don't play online.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

well athletic receiving TEs are VERY hard to cover in real life so it's no surprise but just any TE no

anyway it depends on where you're getting killed
first step is to try to improve your own user skills by practicing covering the TE

next step is to use the press technique manually as many people throw to their TE simply because they're not pressed

third step is learn of coverages that allow double coverage in some way on the TE like Cover 1, Cover 2 man, zone coverage and then having someone man up on the TE

last step is understanding where they want to throw to him at and covering it yourself and spotlighting him of course

hope all this helps
remember user skills are paramount when your opponent is focused on one thing only as you can take it away but just need better stick just like I need better stick skills lol
Old 08-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

A good play against any passes over the middle is nickel 3-3-5 cover 1. Just don't expect to get good pressure on the QB with a 3 man rush
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

TE's are a big part of my offenses, and they are for teams irl.

Once defenses start going into zone to stop my TE from killing them on slants and flats, I start going deep to my WR's.

It makes it better when your TE is very quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »