Home

Players Leaving - Draft

This is a discussion on Players Leaving - Draft within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4
Players Leaving - Draft

So do you let them go, or fight tooth and nail to keep them in school?

Playing as PSU, I tend to try to get them to comeback, since in reality, not many underclassmen hop onto the draft train. PSU has a good track record of players graduating and I like to keep that in the game. But a lot of the time, if the player is high 90s or is going to be in that rating after the next training, I should let him go and recruit that position. Sure I'd like to keep him, but what more does this virtual player have to gain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Players Leaving - Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
So do you let them go, or fight tooth and nail to keep them in school?

Playing as PSU, I tend to try to get them to comeback, since in reality, not many underclassmen hop onto the draft train. PSU has a good track record of players graduating and I like to keep that in the game. But a lot of the time, if the player is high 90s or is going to be in that rating after the next training, I should let him go and recruit that position. Sure I'd like to keep him, but what more does this virtual player have to gain?
im SJSU... no one has left early yet... but if they want to transfer i fight... i need depth
Old 08-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I have a house rule for this in my offline dynasties.

I let them go pro if they are a JR/SR above 95 OVR, SO above 90 OVR, or a Heisman winner.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lots of times I'm about wrapped up with my recruiting by the time that rolls around. So if i'm not in dire needs of time, i'll use as much as i can to get them to stay.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I let all players rated 88 or over leave without a challenge. If they're 85-87, I might try to convince them to return, it depends on the talent I have returning at their position. I will always try to convince any player under 85 to return.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
Lots of times I'm about wrapped up with my recruiting by the time that rolls around. So if i'm not in dire needs of time, i'll use as much as i can to get them to stay.
Same here. I have extra time so I had rather bring a guy back then have to play a freshmen. I do have a house rule that if they are a 95 overall or higher then I let them go. I also let a player transfer if I will not use them the next season. Since they add 30-40 new players (only look at the 5*'s or 4*'s) I can find a replacement.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

My rule is any juniors going pro thats rated over than 90, I let them go.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I had a Juco(Jr.) tackle try to leave after his first year on campus as 80 Overall. I was like, "Son, you better take your name out of the draft and get your *** back to school, or you're going to go undrafted and be working at Target next year."

"You're right coach, my bad" He came back and went up 6 points during the training period, and left as a 86 Senior instead.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »