Home

Controller Problems & Anger Management

This is a discussion on Controller Problems & Anger Management within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #41
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Controller Problems & Anger Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_thumb

I've had a bit of this myself from playing to much PS2/3. I didn't get any structural damage though, just numbness and tingling (parasthesia) in the tip of my thumb. Just had to lay of the video games for a few days and it went away.

I did manage to get an overuse injury in my right index finger though. Was when I first got FUEL for the PS3 and kept playing it because I found it so addicting. I guess because the throttle was R2 as opposed to X which I was used to for other racing games, my index finger wasn't used to having to exert so much constant pressure and became overworked. That took a couple weeks before it stopped aching.
I know I've had Nintendo Thumb from Halo 2 back in the day. Only issue I have now finger wise is that my knuckles are double jointed and sometimes lock into a position that a normal finger won't bend to for a few minutes after a long gaming session.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #42
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Been having lockup issues with this game and yess I chucked the controller. Almost at the TV but about mid-throw I was able to realize what I was doing and it hit the floow well short.

The only thing I have broken lately was my headset while playing online (Pump Fake glitch anyone?) The one and ONLY game I have played online and the dude was talking so much trash that I couldnt stand it and I broke my earpiece taking it off.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #43
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Cant stop laughing..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I set the world record for disk toss once, but never broke a controller. I think it was NCAA 1998 or somethink like that. Whatever version it was where the Defensive linemen would jump up and catch the ball almost every time and intercept the ball when they were 1 inch away from your qb.

Anyway, I pulled the lid open, grabbed it while it was still spiining, walked out the door onto the back patio and threw it like a ninja star. It sailed about 100 yards over a line of oak trees and I never saw it again. I took 2 years off of video games after that. Not going to let something that is supposed to be fun ruin my day any more.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 2

I think I used to scream at the top of my lounges and swear like Rex Ryan every time I got pissed. I had as many controllers as Tiger had white women. Now, I just take it with a grain of salt, my anger usually comes at the end of big games when I lose on a dumb play, so I just finish it out with that hot feeling in your head and move on to the next one.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #45
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I set the world record for disk toss once, but never broke a controller. I think it was NCAA 1998 or somethink like that. Whatever version it was where the Defensive linemen would jump up and catch the ball almost every time and intercept the ball when they were 1 inch away from your qb.

Anyway, I pulled the lid open, grabbed it while it was still spiining, walked out the door onto the back patio and threw it like a ninja star. It sailed about 100 yards over a line of oak trees and I never saw it again. I took 2 years off of video games after that. Not going to let something that is supposed to be fun ruin my day any more.
Oh man, that's awesome. I've never done that, but surprised I haven't.

And some kid probably found it, and was like, "heck yeah, a free game!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

I will occasionally toss my controller to the floor in frustrated disbelief, but not too hard. They survive the trip, although over the long haul it's probably not good for them. At least my living room is carpeted...

The worst and funniest thing I ever did along these lines was one time I was using my old desktop PC and the mouse was getting worse and worse. It was an ancient track ball mouse and was frustrating the crap out of me. One day I took it apart and cleaned it, then put it back together - and then it wouldn't even roll halfway across the screen, it just kept shaking around and clicking on the wrong things. I calmly stopped what I was doing, unplugged it from the back of the PC, swung it around by its cord like a medieval flail, and SMASHED it as hard as I could against my computer desk. Great fun and excellent stress relief. I was planning to replace it anyway, so why the hell not? Left a pretty noticable mark on the desk though.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #47
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Long behind me, but with MVP 05 went through 2 controllers in one day with a tourney we had and the damn hitter would not swing when I was pressing the swing button. Both times caught looking on a belt high fastball to lose the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »