Home

What makes an A+ visit?

This is a discussion on What makes an A+ visit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What makes an A+ visit?

Hello All,
Apologies if this is rehashed, but I couldn't find it in my thread search. I am wondering if someone would please explain just what makes an A+ visit.

Specifically, I know that hitting on three activities that the recruit values highly and that your school is strong in is key. I'm less clear on a rivalry game versus a top-20 matchup (assuming your rival isn't very good that year). I'd also like to know whether my visiting recruit is more impressed/pleased by a close win or a butt-kicking. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What makes an A+ visit?

Visit against rivals, and you have to win the game and have the activites be high, very high, or most.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrateach
Hello All,
Apologies if this is rehashed, but I couldn't find it in my thread search. I am wondering if someone would please explain just what makes an A+ visit.

Specifically, I know that hitting on three activities that the recruit values highly and that your school is strong in is key. I'm less clear on a rivalry game versus a top-20 matchup (assuming your rival isn't very good that year). I'd also like to know whether my visiting recruit is more impressed/pleased by a close win or a butt-kicking. Thanks in advance.
I had a couple of A+ visits. The only activity that I set up with him was his "most" pitch, which I graded out at an A+ on. I invited him when I was playing the #1 school on his list and I beat them pretty convincingly. He committed to me a week or so later.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I had a couple of A+ visits. The only activity that I set up with him was his "most" pitch, which I graded out at an A+ on. I invited him when I was playing the #1 school on his list and I beat them pretty convincingly. He committed to me a week or so later.
So this year you don't need to pitch all three things on a visit?

That's interesting. I wonder which was more important, the one A+/Most pitch or beating the #1 school on his list.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
So this year you don't need to pitch all three things on a visit?

That's interesting. I wonder which was more important, the one A+/Most pitch or beating the #1 school on his list.
I've actually always done this.

Playing as Washington, a lot of pitches are decent, but only a select few are B+ or higher. Most are in the B range, so I'll just only select the activities that are in green. If it's only one then that's the only one I'll select during the visit. It may have hurt me in the past but it has seemed that it works out well more often than not. I am not sure if the recruiting logic recognizes that you're only pitching 1 or 2 things during a visit. I think it might just recognize that your pitch aligned with their interest on a certain pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Week 8 The #1 WR was soft to Michigan and I was 3rd on his list...He was visting during week 8 when I played Alabama which was ranked #2 at the time. I think I only chose 2 pitches for him which were Very High on his list and A+ for me. When we advanced the next week to Week 9 it showed that he had committed to me to play for Tennessee.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

I got one A+ visit in my dynasty with MTSU.

It was a game against a rival, and I won. Since it's MTSU, the only A+ pitch I had was Early Playing Time. But I scheduled three things -- the A+ and like two other C+ pitches. Still got an A+ visit.

So I wouldn't recommend only scheduling one thing. The two C+'s might not have helped too much, but they certainly didn't hurt.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

You can help your cause by being more aggressive in your recruiting too. I usually ask the recruit what he thinks in the first 2-3 weeks of recruiting, but I've found that pitching topics that you are strong in, regardless of whether they're unknowns or not, can sometimes get you a stronger response from the recruit. And that might help you get a better visit grade by getting to a visit-ready point sooner. I've noticed that in my 3rd year of my Wyoming dynasty, the recruits seem to be available for visit scheduling sooner. Maybe it's my more aggressive pitches, maybe not.

It might be that if you have strength in your pitch topics, focus on your strengths during visits, regardless of the recruit's opinion, you'll get a better grade. I've always selected all 3 slots to talk about during his visit.

I don't always get great visit grades, but if I choose topics wisely, and the recruit is ready to visit sooner, it seems to help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »