Home

Are some schools prone to getting 5 star recruits no matter what?

This is a discussion on Are some schools prone to getting 5 star recruits no matter what? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Are some schools prone to getting 5 star recruits no matter what?

So i'm playing in my offline dynasty as Michigan. The first year i finished 11-2. The second year i finished 13-0. And to start my 3rd season i had very little interested 5 star recruits. However i consistantly see teams like Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma signing 5 or 6 five star recruits.

Does anyone know if that changes over time? Or are the Texas Longhorns always going to get the best recruits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Are some schools prone to getting 5 star recruits no matter what?

Welcome to the harsh reality of college football lol. It's just like real life where Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama etc. will always obtain the most top prospects. However, it is Kind of surprising that you can't gather up more stud players when you are Michigan...Do you do the scouting regularly and effectively?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yea it is a shame. I'm a pretty good recruiter. I never go after guys who don't have me as a top5 school or who i'm more then 220 points behind. But its something that i noticed.

Right after i won the National Championship i expected to get attention from 5 star or 4 stars in the offseason and when the pre season started for the following year. But i couldnt catch a break. I had the 27th overall recruiting class the year after i won it all. Very unsatisfying
Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

It's possible to change. After the tuner set and patch to fix recruits coming in, i continued on my dynasty. Since most of the teams were so evenly match, a lot of upsets happened. Bama has always been the top team through 26 years, but I have a lot of bottom schools at the top.

Troy starts the season in the top 10 (Won a couple of titles)

SMU is a top recruiting program (Always develop an elite QB)

Florida and LSU are no longer power-houses as they struggle in conference

Huskies is a top 5 team

Wisconsin fell off the face of the earth

It's not realistic, but I think it's better this way. Occasionally the top schools would get a good recruiting class, but it feels like the talent level rises and falls from team to team
Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

The answer is yes, but how are you having trouble signing these players? my friend is on his 6th or 7th year at Michigan and his team is unstoppable. You should take a look at how your recruiting your kids, because whatever your doing doesn't seem to be working.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »