Home

EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year

This is a discussion on EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: EA needs to sell 2 versions of this game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
second in season progression needs to be brought back.
i'm confused about these statements. so as the game stands right now, we have progression, but it's just not until the season end?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i'm confused about these statements. so as the game stands right now, we have progression, but it's just not until the season end?
That is correct, so the only time your back ups ever see progression is at the end of the season with training.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
That is correct, so the only time your back ups ever see progression is at the end of the season with training.
ok i got it now, thanks for clarification.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Online Dynasty is already a separate mode though. OD has Dynasty Wire, but does not have the ability for conference invites and coaching changes like offline dynasty. I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "full experience" for offline when it already has the "full experience" with the features currently in the game. if they added in-season progression back in, it'll be for both online and offline most likely. likely the same for custom playbooks. not sure why you think those are can't be in ODs.

and no to charging for features to use in OD when they are free in offline dynasty.
But if they did all this, rebuilding the dynasty model to have in-season progression, etc, the amount of data to and from the servers would risk jamming up and crashing. Unless, of course, they charged a premium for it (if you're reading this EA, just ignore me).

I'm no expert in server/client data streaming and bandwidth issues, but it's likely, given the statement EA issued today regarding Madden 11, that the number of users online playing has increased this year.

From the OS front page story...

“Madden NFL 11 is the number one selling game in August, and the game has created enormous enthusiasm in the online community,” said Peter Moore, president of EA SPORTS. “Each day on consoles, fans are playing as many games online as the equivalent of 750 full NFL seasons. Now on Facebook, Madden NFL Superstars will bring a whole new dimension and audience to the Madden NFL experience.”

I guess I should edit the title of the thread to read "EA needs to rebuild NCAA to allow 2 game experiences next year" or something like that.

And, yes, I know, it's a hassle to have to explain to your loyal following that you've once again changed this for the confusing.

What I'm really trying to say is that I don't like the trend of pruning the gameplay and game features so that online players' needs for smooth gameplay eliminate game features that make sense for everyone else.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
Rookie

AUMCHUGH's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
OK, first... I would not ask EA to sell 2 different boxes of NCAA football (please read the original post). The only difference stipulated is that online dynasty players play by simplified game code, allowing offline players to play the "full experience" game shipped on the disc. No duplicate discs. No DLC. Just a unique game mode for OD players.

But no, marketing is not now, or ever will be, EA's real concern. They make so much money selling these games...

And your assertion that a DLC version of the game would be more profitable because they would not haveto package and ship the games to retails stores is absurd. Part of their marketing strategy is release day hype. Retailers open at midnight to sell the game in the box. Besides, if you were a retailer needing customers coming through your front door, you'd sure love to have EA Sports games on the shelf, wouldn't you?

Again, I'll make my point as clear as I can. EA ships one box of NCAA football. In it, you can play offline dynasty, complete with in-season progression and custom playbooks. In it, you can play online dynasty with no in-season progression and no custom playbooks. And, if EA's smart, they'd find a way to charge customers extra dough to play online WITH in-season progression and custom playbooks (like a special club for hardcore gamers).

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
Sorry I missed the point about 2 boxes. Still, I don't think they will ever do what you are proposing..... keep at it though.

"And your assertion that a DLC version of the game would be more profitable because they would not haveto package and ship the games to retails stores is absurd."

But this is absurd? Um ok, whatever. Do you never buy anything online? Movies maybe? Music? Games? Yeah, no trend there.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #22
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

What they need to do is care about their customers and not money, I'm sure they could do whatever they want but they know people will buy the game every year if they just add one big thing every year. That will never happen though.

Hell, I wouldn't mind them skipping a year and charging $80-$120 for the next game if they took the entire time fixing everything and adding everything people wanted.

/rant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »