Home

Conceivable The Pump Fake Glitch Was Put In On Purpose?

This is a discussion on Conceivable The Pump Fake Glitch Was Put In On Purpose? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Conceivable The Pump Fake Glitch Was Put In On Purpose?

As conspiracy theory oriented as it may be, isn't it possible that with Madden sales struggling, and Tiger Woods sales at rock bottom, that EA figured that if they broke NCAA in a way that would look very much like an accidental glitch, people would be apt to lose interest in the game and move on to Madden or another EA title?

They already have your money for NCAA, and one of my friends complained about how he couldn't find an honest NCAA match, and turned around and bought Madden to pass the time until there was a patch. And while I didn't do this (I haven't bought Madden since 07) it made me wonder how many did and if it could have all been a ploy.

I'm not accusing EA of this, as there is certainly nothing more than speculation, but it just seems like one of those things who's timing and scope seem to be unfortunately too convenient to not at least think about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Conceivable The Pump Fake Glitch Was Put In On Purpose?

no EA wouldn't do this for the simple fact that when they want sales to increase they market harder and add more stuff to the game that isn't hard to add

as far as glitches they would NEVER put a glitch in their game because that would decrease sales
your friend bought Madden not because of the glitch ruining NCAA but because they're familiar with Madden
you didn't buy Madden
their goal and strategies to sale will ALWAYS be based on getting more people
a glitch wouldn't help them in doing that as you proved by not buying after not buying since Madden 07

they market to get more customers not breaking the game lol
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sorry, but that just makes no sense at all.

None.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

no, the current pump fake glitch was more likely cause when they went in and tuned the pump fakes against man coverage, which some people complained was too effective. they are in fact, less effective(though not really noticeable that much), in that "fix", came the glitch we have now, where if you do the unrealistic backward pump fake, the whole defense bites.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

it made some sense but I'm just trying to understand why he would think EA would get that desperate for sales to break a game to make you go to another
my thing is they love to market and add lots of things in game you have to pay for to have to earn extra money

this is far fetched to say the least lol
but hey if you have proof pelase show us all and we'll be believe if it's totally indisputable and shows your theory to be absolutely true

issue is you're going into intentions and only way to prove that is to get into their minds or have someone from EA say this was the purpose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

By no means do I have any proof, or am I even saying I believe they did this, I'm just saying the thought crossed my mind and made me wonder.

And as for it making not sense, here is my logic:

-NCAA is widely acclaimed, many buy it.

-Madden is less hyped and sales are quite a ways down from previous years.

-EA feels that people are having a lot of fun playing a lot of NCAA and therefore feeling like they don't need Madden. (As was my friend's case. I asked him if he was getting Madden this year, and he said he didn't think so, he'd stick to NCAA.)

-So EA breaks a part of NCAA, taking a lot of fun out of it for a lot of people. EA knows that A. They could fix it again, and B. People would pass it off as an incredibly annoying mistake.

-A percentage of those people are dying to play some online football (After playing almost every day until the patch, I've now been so bored I picked up Fallout 3 again) and would decide to quench their proverbial football thirst by going out and buying Madden.

I know it's far fetched, I know how unlikely it is. I said as much in my first post. I don't think EA purposefully killed off the good vibes and good momentum they had from NCAA's release this year, but I had to at least wonder. EA has shown them selves to be, if nothing else, shrewd at trying to make that extra buck.

I figure it at least leads to good discussion.

Last edited by blazer003; 08-30-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

EA;
Are there aliens at Area 51???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »