Home

Frustration mounting

This is a discussion on Frustration mounting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Frustration mounting

Getting tired of watching the following occur over and over:

- watching my db's getting illegally screened by other receivers on passing plays.

- watching my db's run into each other on passing plays

- watching about 6-10 passes batted down every game and then notice my DL hardly ever gets one

- watching my RB step out to pick up a CB blitz and then just letting him go by

- throwing to the flat and having my RB stumble around, start to run the wrong way and then attempt to turn around and by that time he gets hit for a 3 yard loss

- watching the opposing DB's letting a WR go by them and then break on the ball as soon as the QB starts to throw it even though his back is to the LOS and the receiver hasn't started his break yet.

- playing a game and seeing that a 78 OVR DE is just as good at pass rushing as the next game when the opposing DE is a 90...don't ratings matter?

- watching my left guard stand there as a blitzer runs right by him

- watching my slot DB follow the receiver to the sideline then stopping and turning towards the QB and getting horribly out of position

- watching a LB bat down a ball that is going 20 yards behind him

- watching my CB's press the receivers even though no press was called

- Beating 5 teams in the top 25 and rated behind UCF that didn't play a ranked team and I'm undefeated too

Sorry so long but I'm just frustrated by the things that no slider can fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Frustration mounting

- watching the opposing DB's letting a WR go by them and then break on the ball as soon as the QB starts to throw it even though his back is to the LOS and the receiver hasn't started his break yet.

Did the QB pump fake it too? If so it's the pump fake glitch
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Some of these can be fixed in game.

But I have kept my RB in to block and he just sits there and lets everyone go by.

The WR thing happens all the time in football. It is not illegal if it is not done with “intent.” Good luck getting that judgement call into the game.

You have to really get the ball lofted over the DL/LB if you are going to pass over them or just don’t do it. Normal passes will always get knocked down. A few adjustments on the pass defense slider and it cuts down on those a lot.

Those passes out to the flat have to be soooo perfect otherwise the RB goes into all kinds of dumb animations which always seems to make him go backward. I throw to the backs a lot so I see a lot of this stuff. These passes worked great in 2010. Maybe too great and why they made changes or something.

The rating don’t matter has been an issue for a long time. I think it has more to do with the super CPU than not working right though. Mot times ratings work but there are always several plays in every game where the CPU knows your play and not matter the ratings will do whatever it wants to do. It is dumb when you start a game with your OL rated in the high 80s and low 90s and give up early sacks to a DL rated in the 70s. But the game has done this for years.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I feel you on your list. You should add when a Safety is in Man vs a WR and, for some inexplicable reason, decides to sprint forward at full speed as if it is a run play, even though it is clearly a pass, thereby leaving the receiver wide open.

Also, for some reason, after they tuned it up, I see way too many gaffes with pulling lineman and FB blocking assignments. WR blocking is still as terrible as it was before they "fixed" the game.

One other thing, why, when there are 3 guys lined up over the G,T,TE, does the blocking assignment routinely call for a double team, thereby allowing one man to come in untouched. they really need to let you change the blocking assignments to correct this.

Really a shame, since, I was a really big fan of this game when it came out. Now, I just pretty much have resigned myself to making a super team to tide me over until NHL 11. Unless, of course, they at least fix the Blocking problems (funny, because pre-patch/tuner, this was one of the best aspects of the game) and tone down the D-Line/LB super jump swats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »