Home

Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process?

This is a discussion on Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone else disappointed in the tuning process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
i do worry about them tweaking the punt returns because the 2nd wave is of defenders is a little too good while its way too easy to get past the gunners because the blockers on the outside set up in perfect position almost every time.
Do you play online or..? In my offline dynasty I get tackled by one of the gunners nearly every time unless I pull back a guy to block them closer to my return man.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

The tuning is fine. EA can't win while everyone expects perfection.

I get it. You buy something and you expect it to work. Everyone does. but as far as the updates it is either;

"Where is the patch, this is unacceptable, why is it taking so long"

or

"This patch sucks, why did they rush it out so soon"

I don't expect everyone to understand but there are a so many pieces to this game. Adjust something here and you have to adjust something somewhere else while trying to maintain a balance and have it all still work.

They are never going to put out a perfect game when they have the same deadline every year. They will need to take a year or two off which is never going to happen.

As gamers we are out of luck and I think we are stuck with it until we stop buying it.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I don't like the tuning process. I don't know if it was the patch or the the tuner that brought back Robo QB. But the passing game was just fine prior tot the 2nd patch/tuner. For those who wanted Robo QB, there was already a slider for that, just crank PA up to 100. Now on Heisman, at 10, you see Robo aty 5 you see Bozo who can't complete a pass. The 2nd tuner/patch broke something that was fine.

On top of that, a group of us have spent hours testing sliders since the 2nd patch and now we'll have to spend hours again. Sure is nice to be an uncompensated Beta tester. Next year, I'll buy the game in September and hopefully the shenanigans and hijynx are over by then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
On top of that, a group of us have spent hours testing sliders since the 2nd patch and now we'll have to spend hours again. Sure is nice to be an uncompensated Beta tester. Next year, I'll buy the game in September and hopefully the shenanigans and hijynx are over by then.
I think the above summarizes my problem well. I actually like the release cycle of one per month so far and hope they never get to the point where a tuner set is being released every few weeks. If you need to tune your game every few weeks then you have a broken product and no clue about how to fix it. The same logic applies to people who change sliders every single day... you haven't done a good job.

Three things really have been done poorly in my opinion.

1. The use of the tuner sets to patch things instead of merely tuning gameplay. This is simply inexcusable. The dependency created between a patch and a tuner set means that users are forced to take every single change passed down by EA or play the original "beta" release version in offline mode only.

2. The tuner sets allow no flexibility by the user. I should be able to easily choose between tuners ala the NHL series while playing offline.

3. Explaining what exactly can be fixed in a tuner set. One week we're being told that the tuner set is to fix gameplay related problems. The next week we're given a tuner set which has fixed a plethora of non-gameplay related problems and told that we need to wait for a patch to fix the gameplay related problems. Then we receive a patch and tuner set on the same day and have no release notes about what was fixed in each.... we're given one huge list for both.

What in the world can be fixed in a tuner set? What in the world was fixed in the 2nd tuner? Transparency please EA. Stop hiding things from your customer that don't need to be hidden.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The frequencey is fine; NHL 10 didn't have weekly tuner updates and I think had 4-5 (could be mistaken), so NCAA is fine in that regard.

As others have mentioned, it would be nice for the NCAA crew to give the users of choosing which Tuner set they'd like to use, ala NHL, and to also be more specific in addressing what exactly is contained in each Tuner set.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

you guys should recognise when they finally talked bout the tuners , they said its not where they would like it at this time. first time at this. hey at we have , because madden don't.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

Just be happy they are trying to do something to fix the little things....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Just be happy they are trying to do something to fix the little things....
They botched the passing game and made some heinous pumpfake glitch last time they tried to fix the little things. We have a right to be pessimistic. Literally every time EA tries to fix something, they break something else.

Its like Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »