Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 Coming Soon, Possibly This Week

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 Coming Soon, Possibly This Week within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #33
Rookie

COACH WEBB's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 Coming Soon, Possibly This Week

I hope they fixed the play action plays. Its IMPOSSIBLE to run one against the CPU without being sacked as soon as you fake the ball. Also, the slide protection needs to be fixed. I can't slide to pick up an outside blitz with out the NT running 10000 miles an hour to sack me and make me fumble. The man coverage needs to be tweaked..its crazy how when I play man, my TOP corner gets beat the MAJORITY of the time.

I've been playing a dynasty and those are my biggest gripes right now.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #34
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Will the kick/punt return blocking be fixed?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #35
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm hoping for a depth chart fix and I'm not sure if the WR recruits having a low elusiveness rating in dynasties has been addressed at all. I won't start a proper dynasty until the last patch comes out. This game is really, really good we just need a few more tweaks, but as it is with any computer/electronic infrastructure once a patch is sent it usually screws up something else in the system. That's just real life across the board not just video game patches.

And yes to the guy above me I agree. Special teams is 1/3 of a football gameplan and it's unacceptable that special teams have not been very exciting or impactful with these new gen games. Towards the end of the PS2 years there was a special teams camera. High snaps on field goals which allowed for random blocks. Better blocking on returns for the HUM and CPU. Overall special teams have been a huge disappointment and it's time EA got that right.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 09-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

I supersim all special teams. tends to get me more yards than if I played them.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Cautiously optimistic for this. EA has been real quiet since the second tuner, hopefully they've been hard at work finding fixes for the glaring issues and will surprise everyone.

But of course, as others were joking about, it is a legitimate concern that this will fix five things and break three new things. Fingers crossed...

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #38
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwg1970
How is your game not working? If you're going to bitch... at least do it for a valid reason.

It would be nice if they gave a general overview of what they were looking at patching. If it's a possibility that the patch will be out this week, then I would assume what is being fixed has already been decided.
I'll answer that. The cpu cannot run the ball effectively on AA, regardless of what you do to the settings/gameplan/sliders. Also, they cannot stop the run. The cpu can't stop the intermediate passing game. There's the well documented glitches regarding depth charts/scheduling/pump fakes. That, in my humble opinion, is "not working...not at all." If the level you prefer to play on is not functional, then the game is broken.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 32

There are several things that I believe should be priority over everything else: If they fix these things, the game should return to "glory"

1. The pump fake glitch should have been fixed yesterday. This is an online game killer and has completely disrupted the accuracy of the leader boards.

2. Runners covering the ball in the open field.

3. Pass coverage mirroring at slider settings above 45. If we could raise the pass coverage slider without the above mentioned glaring issue, I believe this would resolve many of the complaints about pass coverage.

These are legitimate issues pertaining to basic fundamentals of a football game. There is absolutely no reason why these should not be addressed.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-01-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #40
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I really hope that the zone defenses are going to be addressed. It's annoying now that I have to call man-to-man pretty much the entire game b/c if I call a zone, the CPU will rip off big plays pretty much every time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »