Home

Players leaving early

This is a discussion on Players leaving early within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Players leaving early

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Good its not just me then. It just really sucks at certain positions like CB or WR were you need a lot of guys. And if your no 1 is a senior and no 2 say a junior that goes early and no 3 tries to go early too. And then to top it off no 4 was a serviceable senior. Bye bye any depth at all, and better hope you can pull in 4 or 5 recruits.

I think its easier to plan for at positions like QB or HB where you generally have only one guy playing the vast majority of snaps. A move em up the line feel seems to be there at those positions as the others graduate.

But I know it would be very hard to program so Im not overly critical towards EA on this aspect of the game.

Maybe tweaking recruiting to where early playing time especially at elite programs draws the recruits in more. If im going to be left with say a 60-70 overall underclassman at a position as my only returning starter the next year at a 6 star program, then lots of 3 and a few 4 or maybe 5 stars at that position should be very eager to sign with said program. But it needs to be dynamic. Once I or the Cpu have a couple 3 or maybe just one 4 or especially 5 star at that positon, the rest should back off.
I feel like more players should be interested in playing time. If a 6 star program has a senior QB and then scrubs behind him then I think most of the elite high school quarterbacks should be very interested in that school. But if the top 5 players are interested once one of them signs the other four should lose interest. That would make it so Alabama doesn't sign 3 5 star QB's the first year, and then 3 5 star HB's and 3 4 stars the third year. Also i think the "playing time pitch" should extend to the players 2nd or 3rd year on campus. I feel someone would love to start at Texas for 2 years, and they would understand if they had to redshirt, and only play a little bit their freshman year.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

I like it and I like that it's possible to talk them into it.
I think it's done right... Although it is pretty easy to keep them. I will always value a returning senior more than some recruit who may turn out to be a bust.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMahoney
I feel like more players should be interested in playing time. If a 6 star program has a senior QB and then scrubs behind him then I think most of the elite high school quarterbacks should be very interested in that school. But if the top 5 players are interested once one of them signs the other four should lose interest. That would make it so Alabama doesn't sign 3 5 star QB's the first year, and then 3 5 star HB's and 3 4 stars the third year. Also i think the "playing time pitch" should extend to the players 2nd or 3rd year on campus. I feel someone would love to start at Texas for 2 years, and they would understand if they had to redshirt, and only play a little bit their freshman year.
This does _sort_ of happen but not really that much. If a player a soft commit and that school gets another top QB on scholarship, then the soft commit will take much longer to hard commit. It's one way you can key in on softies and pick them up for your team.

Although the issue with Alabama and PSU getting every top recruit is a tough one. Occassionally I'd like to see a good 4* or 5* player slip down to a less team, but really hardly ever happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
This does _sort_ of happen but not really that much. If a player a soft commit and that school gets another top QB on scholarship, then the soft commit will take much longer to hard commit. It's one way you can key in on softies and pick them up for your team.

Although the issue with Alabama and PSU getting every top recruit is a tough one. Occassionally I'd like to see a good 4* or 5* player slip down to a less team, but really hardly ever happens.
Luckily in my OD a user is Penn State. I think he has signed a total of 15 players in 3 seasons, but this year he took off and signed 7 5 stars. But like you said i would love to see high ranked players going to lower prestige schools. Phillip Rivers, Ben Rothlisberger, and Jared Allen. Scrolling through the top players at each position I would love to see non-BCS schools with 95+ ranked players. Of course i dont want to see every non-BCS team signing 5 5 stars a year, but once every 8 or so would be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »