Home

what is the best D to run against the pass

This is a discussion on what is the best D to run against the pass within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Pitbullz4Life's Arena

OVR: 1
what is the best D to run against the pass

against the CPU its no problem. But against people im getting ate up.. I thought EA fixed the deal with a QB running across the field giving his receivers time to get open and i had no pass rush.. I just got beat 31-14. I was texas my friend was nebraska.. He was running slants on me all day. I ran zone, cover 1 with the lb staying in zone in the middle of the field..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: what is the best D to run against the pass

A lot of man coverage. Zone blitzes might help against the slants. Drop some guys into the slant lanes or wide the OLBs.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't stop anything - zone or man! I have no idea how to stop either way. If I run zone, they can beat it - CPU and user - and the same for man!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Under Smoke in the nickel package can be deadly against slants if the QB doesn't pay attention. I was actually just playing a CPU team who was eating me up with short slants and crossing routes - called that defense and my defensive end dropped back and ended up taking a pick to the house.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Pass coverage has been much worse since the second patch. Now slants and crosses, most routes actually, are unstoppable. Its not just you. Defense is really hard now, especially against a good player. Really the only way to get stops now is pressure. Bring a lot of blitzes and hope you can get a sack or rush a throw or something. 4 man rush is no longer a viable option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Shoot, I can't get anyone in the backfield. I am in one Heisman dynasty, and I can't do anything on offense or defense. The FCS team passed for like 274 yards on me and I won 35-16, but I couldn't run the ball (Miss. State). All my d-linemen just fall, especially when you try to make the move to go right or left or down on the right stick - that's who I control. The only thing I can really do is the long verticals where the inside receiver does a deep post to the inside. When I blitz, the Heisman one, they audible and get a big gain. But it seems that way on even the All-American, too. I can't figure it out!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Pass coverage has been much worse since the second patch. Now slants and crosses, most routes actually, are unstoppable. Its not just you. Defense is really hard now, especially against a good player. Really the only way to get stops now is pressure. Bring a lot of blitzes and hope you can get a sack or rush a throw or something. 4 man rush is no longer a viable option.
I have a thread below, but got no response...I run 4-2-5....what are the best man coverage against the pass when they go 4 and 5 WR sets...what blitz's are you finding the most luck with...just played a guy and the slot WR on 4/5 wide was so freaking over it was a joke....both streaks and slants? need a really good man coverage package....
12' 12-4
Old 09-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

The only thing you can really do is Blitz and take control of one of the blitzers and drop them into coverage. Otherwise, your cpu controlled defenders are so Maddenesquely Brain dead that they will lose coverage if a receiver makes any type of move whatsoever.

Although, to be fair, if a receiver is just standing there, and is covered by one of your players, he will make sure to move out of the way once the pass is thrown in his direction about 96% of the time.

Just make sure you do not have a safety in man either, since, he will come running in no matter the play, thereby giving the receiver a free long gain or TD.

NHL 11- 9/7/2010

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »