Home

Military school recruiting rules?

This is a discussion on Military school recruiting rules? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #17
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Military school recruiting rules?

I recruited for the Army for 2 years (the actually military branch, not the school), and they are real sticklers on the height and weight requirements. You can be the best student in the world, score a perfect score on the ASVAB, have a clean criminal record, try to enlist at a time when they are desperate for recruits, and still be rejected if you're overweight LOL. So I can just imagine the hard time the academies have trying to recruit for the positions that are traditionally held by "big boys."
Old 04-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Military academies have stringent admissions processes. Some parents mistakenly think that military boarding schools and academies admit problem teens and somehow manages to transform them into model students and citizens afterwards. However, the truth is that military schools and academies only admit students who have a drive for excellence and a desire to perform well in school. Military academies only accept students who have good grades and a good academic track record. An overwhelming number of military academy students were at the top 20% of their class back in high school. While grades are not the only thing these academies look at, it's a huge consideration for them.

Last edited by dannysong; 04-07-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I recruited for the Army for 2 years (the actually military branch, not the school), and they are real sticklers on the height and weight requirements. You can be the best student in the world, score a perfect score on the ASVAB, have a clean criminal record, try to enlist at a time when they are desperate for recruits, and still be rejected if you're overweight LOL. So I can just imagine the hard time the academies have trying to recruit for the positions that are traditionally held by "big boys."
Kind of what I was goin' to say, I'm AD Army right now. The Navy and Air Force are more laxed with their weight restrictions. In the Army, you better be able to pass tape. It's the reason Navy always blows those future butter bars off the ball every play.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

my brother played at the Coast Guard Academy. they have strict weight restrictions. i dont think you can be over 250 lbs and be in the coast guard. so they basically had no lineman over 250 lbs.

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Can anyone explain to me how going pro after attending a service academy works? How I understood it, if you graduate from a service academy, you have to serve with the military for quite some time afterwards, as would make sense. But there's a couple of guys who went to the NFL from a service academy, so how does that work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
my brother played at the Coast Guard Academy. they have strict weight restrictions. i dont think you can be over 250 lbs and be in the coast guard. so they basically had no lineman over 250 lbs.
And that's probably why they play Div III football. Among many other reasons.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #23
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Can anyone explain to me how going pro after attending a service academy works? How I understood it, if you graduate from a service academy, you have to serve with the military for quite some time afterwards, as would make sense. But there's a couple of guys who went to the NFL from a service academy, so how does that work?
Here's an article from the latest guy to get drafted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5149594

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

Last edited by dickey1331; 04-06-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

In addition, I heard that they have a really strict recruitment process. Not everyone who wishes to attend does so. There is usually a serious interview process for all would-be students and their parents. Military schools want students who can develop as leaders, who can take orders and have good academic potential. Young people in crisis such as those in trouble with the law or with serious health problems are most unlikely to be accepted.

EDIT: HAD TO REMOVE LINK PER SITE OWNER REQUEST.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-05-2012 at 11:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »