Home

QB slide

This is a discussion on QB slide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11
QB slide

Sorry if its here and I missed it, search didn't turn up anything. This is my first time with the NCAA franchise.

In Madden a few years back I think it was just the dive. So far when I tried i just dive ahead. Thought it might not be an option but the CPU is doing it all the time now after scrambling past the line.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: QB slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc08
Sorry if its here and I missed it, search didn't turn up anything. This is my first time with the NCAA franchise.

In Madden a few years back I think it was just the dive. So far when I tried i just dive ahead. Thought it might not be an option but the CPU is doing it all the time now after scrambling past the line.

You cant hold X( if your on Xbox 360) because that initiates a dive. to qb slide you have to barely tap X and your player will start to dive and then slide. This also works with other skill position players or all defensive players you can tap X and your guy wont slide he will just kind of go down. I use this when I get an interception with a cornerback and i am about to get tackled by a couple of O-lineman I just tap X and go down instead of risk fumbling the ball when tackled
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, the only thing I would add is to tap it SUPER-lightly. The game seems to be in favor of you diving, and if your QB dives the ball will fly out of his hands (with no contact!) like 80% of the time. I really hate that little "feature" - I have a scrambler in my current dynasty and I've given up two ridiculous fumbles on first down plays because of it. Most of the time I just try to angle out of bounds if at all possible, or even just plow right into a defender, knowing that the tackle is much less likely to make me fumble than a dive would.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Yeah, the only thing I would add is to tap it SUPER-lightly. The game seems to be in favor of you diving, and if your QB dives the ball will fly out of his hands (with no contact!) like 80% of the time. I really hate that little "feature" - I have a scrambler in my current dynasty and I've given up two ridiculous fumbles on first down plays because of it. Most of the time I just try to angle out of bounds if at all possible, or even just plow right into a defender, knowing that the tackle is much less likely to make me fumble than a dive would.
Yeah, learned this one the hard way. Up 3 at PSU with a trip to the title game on the line. They're out of timeouts and all I need is a first down to punch my ticket to the dance. I run for the first down and them some, get scared I'm gonna fumble so I tap X to slide. I dive right into the defenders feet, fumble and turn it over. They kick a FG to force OT but luckily I pulled it out. I haven't tried to slide since.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotFudgeDragon
Yeah, learned this one the hard way. Up 3 at PSU with a trip to the title game on the line. They're out of timeouts and all I need is a first down to punch my ticket to the dance. I run for the first down and them some, get scared I'm gonna fumble so I tap X to slide. I dive right into the defenders feet, fumble and turn it over. They kick a FG to force OT but luckily I pulled it out. I haven't tried to slide since.
I just did it again in a game tonight. Putting this on the same button as dive and then making your QB fumble almost every time he dives is... let's settle for the clean version, really effing mothergrabbing consarnit stupid. They need to change something here. Either change how the slide works, or fix the ridiculous fumbling. My QB has now lost 3 fumbles in seven games thanks to this dumbness. He's two thirds of my running game! I can't run every scramble thinking "OK, I could get hurt, I could fumble, better not slide, better not get tackled, what should I do? Guess I'll just hope and pray!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Pro

evilc08's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks for the replies. Haven't been able to slide yet. Had to chances to try on just onside kicks after getting the ball. The one time it caused me to fumble the ball to them.

I am sure I can get it just by trying it in practice, but good to know its in there and how hard it is to do.

Ashford Pines Golf Club (front 9)

Full version release June 2016

Challenging course without the cheap gimmicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »