Home

Thorny Welcome to the Big 10

This is a discussion on Thorny Welcome to the Big 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Thorny Welcome to the Big 10

Yeah that is true, Big 12 north is absolutely terrible.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #10
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
CU? KU?

Big 12 north is a joke! KU went 1-7 in the Big 12 last year, you call them at a "high level"?! Ridiculous. Big 12 south is competitive, but Nebraska only plays 3 of those teams a year. There is no competition in the north, in comparison to the south at least. Maybe with Snyder at K State now, and Mizzou's halfway decent, but Nebraska will school anyone in the north this year.

No competition at all in comparison to who they'll face in the big 10.
Of course, that's assuming that the way things are now is the way that they've always been, and that the quality of a program doesn't, you know, change over time.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

I can't speak to the difficulty of the two conferences, Big 10 probably stronger than Big 12 with the addition of NU, but the Big 10 definitely is more respectable and has a lot more stability. The way Texas has treated the rest of the schools in the Big 12 has me wondering how long that thing is going to be around. If I were any of those other schools... I'd be trying to peace out of that deal. I do think that teams like Okie State, A&M, have the potential to be national powers if they can get a fair deal... but at this point, all the advantages UT has won't let that happen.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I can't speak to the difficulty of the two conferences, Big 10 probably stronger than Big 12 with the addition of NU, but the Big 10 definitely is more respectable and has a lot more stability. The way Texas has treated the rest of the schools in the Big 12 has me wondering how long that thing is going to be around. If I were any of those other schools... I'd be trying to peace out of that deal. I do think that teams like Okie State, A&M, have the potential to be national powers if they can get a fair deal... but at this point, all the advantages UT has won't let that happen.
So are you saying if the Whorn's invite TCU to join their conference, you dont want your horned frogs running into their arms?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Welcome to the BigTen Husker fans. The Bucks will be honored to play you in your very first BigTen home opener, hopefully a night game. Memorial Stadium is a tough place to play and adds to the prestige of the conference.

October 8th 2011, the day the Bucks hand the Huskers a beating.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

As a whole conference the Big 10 blows the Big 12 out of the water. Texas and OU is all they have now.

Especially the Big 12 north.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Welcome to the Big Ten NU. Wisconsin fan here, really looking forward to being in the stands for your first Big Ten game here in Madtown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #16
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks to all you Big 10 guys for the warm welcome.

Looks like we will have a total powerhouse for a conference now.

Here's to a great 2011 football season, and a warm welcome to all who come visit Memorial Stadium!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »