Home

Your greatest or funniest NCAA 11 achievement

This is a discussion on Your greatest or funniest NCAA 11 achievement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Your greatest or funniest NCAA 11 achievement

Yeah, it's a brag thread. Name something awesome you've seen or done this year.

I had three safeties in a game last night - not just in one game actually, but all in one QUARTER (the fourth). I wasn't cheesing or nano-blitzing either. In fact I really wasn't doing anything special, which is what made it so funny. I was playing a pretty awful MAC team (forget which one exactly but their offense was like D+ rated) and I was a slightly superior TeamBuilder team (B- defense). Their QB was just horrible - they tried to throw a lot and he would just hang on to the ball way too much. He'd been sacked like four times in the first three quarters. In the fourth, this is what happened:

1. I got a very lucky punt downed at the 3. Next play, stopped a dump-off pass for a loss on the 1. Play after that, tackled the running back in the backfield (one of my linebackers just burst in and grabbed him).

2. On my next series I turned it over on downs at their one. QB tried a read option (you can see where this is going) and was easily sacked during his five minute long ballet behind the line.

3. Next my offense was stopped (3 and out) and I punted to their twelve yard line or so. The QB took a coverage sack on first down which put them on the six. On the following play he dropped back, was immediately sacked and fumbled backward into the end zone, and one of the o-linemen fell on the ball for the safety.

Hilarious. I don't imagine I'll ever do that again with serious cheating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Your greatest or funniest NCAA 11 achievement

I had a pass go off 4 defenders hands, right into my 97 spd RB who went 75 yards for a game winning TD.

I was just trying to throw a post, the DT batted it up, the LB went to get it, the safety tried and my RB who was the outlet...grabbed it and took it to the house.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Yeah, it's a brag thread. Name something awesome you've seen or done this year.

I had three safeties in a game last night - not just in one game actually, but all in one QUARTER (the fourth). I wasn't cheesing or nano-blitzing either. In fact I really wasn't doing anything special, which is what made it so funny. I was playing a pretty awful MAC team (forget which one exactly but their offense was like D+ rated) and I was a slightly superior TeamBuilder team (B- defense). Their QB was just horrible - they tried to throw a lot and he would just hang on to the ball way too much. He'd been sacked like four times in the first three quarters. In the fourth, this is what happened:

1. I got a very lucky punt downed at the 3. Next play, stopped a dump-off pass for a loss on the 1. Play after that, tackled the running back in the backfield (one of my linebackers just burst in and grabbed him).

2. On my next series I turned it over on downs at their one. QB tried a read option (you can see where this is going) and was easily sacked during his five minute long ballet behind the line.

3. Next my offense was stopped (3 and out) and I punted to their twelve yard line or so. The QB took a coverage sack on first down which put them on the six. On the following play he dropped back, was immediately sacked and fumbled backward into the end zone, and one of the o-linemen fell on the ball for the safety.

Hilarious. I don't imagine I'll ever do that again with serious cheating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I had a pass go off 4 defenders hands, right into my 97 spd RB who went 75 yards for a game winning TD.

I was just trying to throw a post, the DT batted it up, the LB went to get it, the safety tried and my RB who was the outlet...grabbed it and took it to the house.
i thought this was about achievements?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i thought this was about achievements?
a·chieve·ment (-chvmnt)
n.
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

I was losing, I ended up winning because that flukey play. Achievement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
a·chieve·ment (-chvmnt)
n.
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

just sayin'.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Well if there ain't a "three safeties in one quarter" achievement, there oughtta be.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Not really an achievement but I need to comiserate a little. Last night as NIU v Kansas I threw 7 interceptions... Four of which were from tip drills off the reciever's hands!

One was batted at the line and caught by the DT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »