Home

Does EA need to start over?

This is a discussion on Does EA need to start over? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does EA need to start over?
Yes 18 18.56%
No 72 74.23%
I am not really sure 7 7.22%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Does EA need to start over?

i like the gameplay in ncaa....
Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

See, I voted I am not sure because what I think needs to happen is the exclusivity contract has to be killed and they need proper competition in teh college football world. Competition breeds excellence, period!

We have seen what has happened to Madden and NCAA since they have not had competition. I even think that a lot of problems can be solved with sliders actually that people are complaining about this year in NCAA 11 and I still think EA needs proper competition in football video games.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The gameplay/physics engine is what it is at this point. There's no point of going back to the drawing board until the future generation of consoles comes out.

They need to focus on expanding and rebuilding the aspects of the game that aren't limited by the hardware. The top priority in my opinion should be Dynasty mode.

EA is light years from producing a simulation engine that resembles reality. They don't grasp some fairly basic concepts that most of us on message boards seem to understand. I'm not talking 1's and 0's here, but the basic logic that goes into things like prospect class generation, Top 25 polls, program prestige, statistical player and team averages, coaching strategy settings, etc.

If they can rebuild the Dynasty framework to a respectable level and continue adding one major feature per year then we should be looking at a quality product in 2012/2013. Of course I said the same thing in 2007 about 2009/2010 and they still haven't focused on the foundations of Dynasty mode.
You hit the nail on the head. Dynasty mode is unimaginative, to say it nicely. They need to take pages from MLB the Show and RIP college hoops. Where are assistant coaches, coaching carousel and custom rivals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
See, I voted I am not sure because what I think needs to happen is the exclusivity contract has to be killed and they need proper competition in teh college football world. Competition breeds excellence, period!

We have seen what has happened to Madden and NCAA since they have not had competition. I even think that a lot of problems can be solved with sliders actually that people are complaining about this year in NCAA 11 and I still think EA needs proper competition in football video games.
NCAA basically hasn't had competition since 1998. I don't think the competition argument applies to NCAA.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
NCAA basically hasn't had competition since 1998. I don't think the competition argument applies to NCAA.
Incorrect. 989 Sports (Sony) made one until 2004 and 2k made one until 2003.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
Incorrect. 989 Sports (Sony) made one until 2004 and 2k made one until 2003.
Those weren't really competition, in sales or quality. If you want to count those, that's fine, but they really don't help the argument.

Especially since the version of NCAA universally regarded as their best came after those two companies ceased to make college games.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 AM   #15
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

What are you talking about? Gamebreaker was considered top-tier until exclusivity. Well, it was big during the PS2 days and then fell off a bit but still.

There has been plenty of competition in video game college football.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #16
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
...I think if EA started over and created the game from scratch with today's technology...
They already did start from scratch with today's technology... Roughly 3-4 years ago.

NCAA 11 is a good, highly playable football game. They just need to add a few things and pollish what they have, not start over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »