Home

Does EA need to start over?

This is a discussion on Does EA need to start over? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Does EA need to start over?
Yes 18 18.56%
No 72 74.23%
I am not really sure 7 7.22%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Does EA need to start over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
People complained about this series for the past two or three years, saying how bad it was getting. People even questioned if the series would survive another year.

By almost ALL accounts, this game has improved immensely and people are enjoying it this year. From one development cycle to the next, how much were you expecting the game to improve? We got a lot of the things they've missed in past versions of the game, such as ESPN integration, formation subs, more equipment options, referees, gang tackles, conference logos, etc... All they can do is BUILD on this. The game wasn't going to return to it's previous prominence in one development cycle, man. It's (hopefully) just going to get better.

Is it perfect? No, not even close. Hopefully EA fixes some of these bugs with the next patch and I do agree that the depth chart issue is a big problem. But it seems like you're saying the game hasn't taken any steps forward and asking people if EA should completely start over.

I just think it's a bit too drastic.

I agree, they did a good job this year...I spent the last 5 years bashing EA for their cold, sterile football games and their exclusive NFL license, but they have stepped it up this year.A great warm, analog feel.Next year should be spectacular
Old 09-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Next year should be spectacular, but so should have every on next gen. I can understand the first year being a little weak, but this is the 5th NCAA on next gen consoles and does it really feel like we're playing a a game thats been in the making for 5+ years? Does it even really feel next gen outside the graphics? We're so far behind its not even funny and I think a lot of that has to do with them using old code to get the game out so early on.

― Plato
Old 09-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #35
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Next year should be spectacular, but so should have every on next gen. I can understand the first year being a little weak, but this is the 5th NCAA on next gen consoles and does it really feel like we're playing a a game thats been in the making for 5+ years? Does it even really feel next gen outside the graphics? We're so far behind its not even funny and I think a lot of that has to do with them using old code to get the game out so early on.
it wasn't 'old code' though. I believe both Madden and NCAA started from scratch this gen of console, which is why everything had to be rebuild before getting into the game. if they were using old code, we wouldn't have had to wait 5 years to get some of these things(like formation subs, etc..)

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #36
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
i like the gameplay in ncaa....

Same here,

It just needs to be tweaked to eliminate some of the buggy type issues..Mostly surrounding the cpu's gameplay
Old 09-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #37
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

They are focused on online because that's where the money is right now, according to popular perception. I think their mistake is in wanting NCAA and Madden to be like other online games, or online sports games.

American football is a different creature altogether, and it's a sport not conductive to online play for casual gamers. Most sports (soccer, hockey, basketball) are 90% physical and 10% cerebral, where as football is more of a 50/50 split. When has a highly strategic, more mental than physical game succeeded online? Online players, especially competitive online players, are looking more for action and escapism. Football does not lend itself easily to that crowd.

I'm not saying ignore online, I'm saying make the game for the cerebral football gamer and let that player take it online rather than make it for the online gamer in hopes he'll come.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »