Home

Hawaii debuts pistol/run & shoot offense

This is a discussion on Hawaii debuts pistol/run & shoot offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3
Hawaii debuts pistol/run & shoot offense

Hawaii exclusively ran a pistol formation with a run & shoot offense tonight!This offense put up 588 yards and 36 points against USC!!! This was really exciting to watch, and it added running strength and unpredictability to the run & shoot. I hope to see this playbook in next year's game! The running threat added to the motion and option routes of the run & shoot would be so much fun to use in the game.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Hawaii debuts pistol/run & shoot offense

They just need to decide on a QB and put a defense out on the field.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegs300
I'll give you that. The defense was horrid. Still, the game was close, because USC's defense was almost as bad!
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants
Old 09-03-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

really felt for hawaii after that cheap shot on their quarterback. maybe usc should have played some real defense ***tackling*** instead of trying to take heads off. for a team with as much talent as they have usc looked really slow on defense especially in the secondary with hawaii throwing 60 yard bombs with a third string qb. hats off to hawaii!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm an SC fan and I was actually rooting for Hawaii to come back and make it a close game... but it always seemed just out of reach. Too much offense for both teams, not enough defense. Well, they don't play in the SEC!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7

really was surprising seeing them come out with that while USC had prepared for the one back, run and shoot, seemed to throw them off in reading the play action, etc.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

OVR: 5

The refs blew a TD call right before the half. If that call was changed to a TD, then it would've been a different game going into the half. Our defense was the worst I've seen in a while.

Real Final Score: UH 40 USC 49

..****Sh Um...
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Volz4lif3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegs300
What? They had a QB until USC cheap shot the startin QB with a forearm to the head, the coaches told ESPN before the game they think the Hawaii QB could be the best they've ever had, that's pretty impressive with the QBs they've had in the past Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan. I know it's the system but the Warriors are gonna give people fits this year and could do some damage in the WAC. I don't get to watch too much west coast games but I stayed up till 2am to watch this game. USC didn't impress me I see them losing 2 games maybe more. Monte Kiffin running the Tampa 2 is gonna get ate up with better talented teams than Hawaii. I admit I'm biased cause the coach there F'ed up my team, but I'm for anyone who plays Lane Kiffin and USC. One thing I can say positive for USC is I like what they have done with the kid that had some type of retina cancer and he went blind, but that's something Pete Carroll did and that douchebag of a coach LK is still using for good publicity, he knows what he's doing, anyways I'm done with my little rant. Go Vols!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »