Home

Pre-determined losses

This is a discussion on Pre-determined losses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #49
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pre-determined losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
I've never believed that there were pre-determined losses. Every game I have lost is because when I get down, by a score or two then I try and get right back in the game. I go big and it usually costs me. I either throw a pick trying to fit something in and it doesn't work. Or I'm trying to break 5 tackles in one play and my guy fumbles. That happens when you try and strike quick.

However, I was down 14-0 at halftime playing with Army earlier. Hawaii dominated in every fashion of that half and my starting quarterback went down for the game. I had to use my backup and third stringer at times. I moved the ball and didn't force anything. Played the game as I was tied or winning at points. I come away with the victory 42-38. Any other time I would have tried to force things and then would have lost 55-14 or something. Just play smarter.
Yes ^^. I do believe there are games where things just don't go your way, but you make it far worse when you panic and try to get back in the game too quickly. If you stick to your gameplan and stop playing like you're down 14 with two minutes left you often climb right back into the game and win.

So in short, I do believe there are times when things won't go your way. But that's football. I think it has a lot to do with who the home team is combined with the now hidden momentum meter. You just have to play through it.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

CONSPIRACY THEORY

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
CONSPIRACY THEORY

Couldn't agree more play!
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #52
Pro

NY Eer's Arena

OVR: 9

I think its pretty obvious the CPU has better games than others. I'm sure it does this so that even great users can't go 12-0 every year...or at least makes them work for it.

You can see it from the start of the game. I also agree that when you're down 14-0 just stick w/ your game...like in real life...and usually the tide turns back in your favor if you know what you're doing in the first place. If you start pressing you're in for a bad night.

I mostly play w/ WVU and I can expect one of these games w/ Pitt...our main rival...every game. I've almost single handedly won the heisman for Dion Lewis getting ran over and around several times.

All in all I don't mind it. If you look at it from the perspective of just that one game it'll piss you off, because isolated its kind of BS. But if you realize the CPU needs to do something to insure you don't go 12-0 every year in your own dynasty every year it makes more sense.

I guess the CPU can't tell when you're in an online dynasty and already get enough comp to make it realistic, but I'm sure the programmers are smart enough to add some code to insure you have a tight game or two...as each team does every year.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #53
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I have not seen predetermined losses against the CPU but online games try it on me all the time. I one had a game where I fumbled my first 2 kick returns, my opponent broke a 3 man gang tackle on a 74 yard run, and a perfect throw morphed through my receiver and into the DB's hands.

The dropped picks are also ridiculous, especially when your opponent makes them while your guys act like its a hot potato.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #54
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Guys, individual examples don't swing this argument one way or the other.
It isn't a question of playing smarter, or going big, or any of that. But from time to time, the computer's resistance to losing to you is much, MUCH greater.

It's not a conpiracy theory or whining...it's factual. There ARE times when the computer doesn't allow you to do ANYTHING good. Not often, of course. Sound play-calling leads to wide-open runs and recievers, who inexplicably fumble or drop the ball OVER and OVER. Or your 90+ QB suddenly misses wide-open WRs OVER and OVER. It's not something that "just happens", and I'd like to think we're all smart enough to agree on that.

It's just an unforunate way that the game designers have chosen to even things out from time to time. Much has been said about Heisman's absurd antics, and I agree. DTs running down RBs with 90+ speed is just stupid. Instead of making the computer players SMARTER, they make them superhuman.

I love the game and play it often, but again, to suggest there aren't games in which nothing is PERMITTED to go right just doesn't seem very honest or intelligent to me (triple-negative, I know). The point isn't to refuse this statement, but to acknowledge it as probably true, and just consider it unfortunate.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Not buying it this year. Last year and '09 it was more of a problem. You knew you were going to lose after the first drive. This year not so much. I haven't even had pre-determined wins either. I had a game not to long ago against Tennessee where I jumped out to a 7-0 lead in under a minute. Drove about 80 yards in 4-5 pass plays. Then forced them to a 3 and out, got the ball back and started driving again. I thought for sure I was going to blow them out, but the game ended in a 13-10 win for me in OT.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 10-20-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #56
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I wasn't a believer in this, still on the fence, but the HOME TEAM gets a very solid helping hand in the fourth quarter. I'm in a OD where I've lost 3 of my last 4 user games with under 4 seconds remaining because for some odd reason my defense forgot what to do and everything was clicking for the offense, which up until the fourth quarter I was completely dominating. Home team pretty much wins all the close games from what I noticed because I've pulled out some tight ones I should of lost as well.

Tired of getting messages like: "Good game, I don't know how I made that catch it was luck".

Like I always say... if the game knows I'm going to lose beforehand just flash a little message before the kickoff and let me know... don't take it from me... I'll be happy to log onto facebook and play Family Feud until the game is over. I had my first controller toss yesterday

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »