Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

Any idea what this means?

"- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen."
Old 09-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the fact that in-season progression is back!

Not thrilled that there's no mention of fixing zone coverage. I like to run alot of 4-3 zone blitzes, UNLV should not light up my A- defense for 350+ yards through the air.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

OK, that did it. I'm buying this game now. I hope Madden gets this much post-release love.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any idea what this means?

"- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen."
Just a guess: team prestige goes up (or down) from year to year based on the freshmen you recruit. If they are increasing the OVR of some freshman, particularly 1 and 2 star guys, then they have to tune team prestige to not inflate just because the freshmen ratings are higher. A team full of 1 and 2 star guys is still bad, they don't gain a prestige star just because they are suddenly getting guys that are 4-5 points better.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

WAit. In Season progression and tuned WR's and recruits? Thats awesome news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heat680
Love the fact that in-season progression is back!

Not thrilled that there's no mention of fixing zone coverage. I like to run alot of 4-3 zone blitzes, UNLV should not light up my A- defense for 350+ yards through the air.
With any luck, the fix to man coverage means we can increase the pass coverage slider without gratuitous mirroring, and that might help the zones. Just a very hopeful thought.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Just a guess: team prestige goes up (or down) from year to year based on the freshmen you recruit. If they are increasing the OVR of some freshman, particularly 1 and 2 star guys, then they have to tune team prestige to not inflate just because the freshmen ratings are higher. A team full of 1 and 2 star guys is still bad, they don't gain a prestige star just because they are suddenly getting guys that are 4-5 points better.
That contradicts the blog they just posted yesterday (see below). I'm guessing that was a typo... has to be some other kind of progression which was tuned.

Quote:
Team Prestige - Team Prestige changes are determined based on a school's current prestige rating:

1-Star: If your final rank is better than 80th, you have a chance to move up.

2-Star: If your team has a bowl bid or finishes with a final ranking better than 60th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish worse than 100th, you have a chance to move down.

3-Star: If your team finishes worse than 75th, you have a chance to move down. If you finish better than 40th, you have a chance to move up.

4-Star: If your team has won a BCS bowl or finishes better than 20th, you have a chance to move up. If you miss a bowl or finish worse than 50th, you have a chance to move down.

5-Star: If your team has won the national championship or finishes with a final ranking better than 5th, you have a chance to move up. If you finish with a final ranking worse than 25th, you have a chance to move down.

6-Star: If you finish with a final ranking worse than 15th or win less than 8 games you have a chance to move down.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I hope the attribute increases are slight

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »