Home

Wow, 6 players on my team are semifinalists for the Bednarik

This is a discussion on Wow, 6 players on my team are semifinalists for the Bednarik within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4
Wow, 6 players on my team are semifinalists for the Bednarik

Seriously, yes, 6 players are finalists for the Bednarik and they are all in the top 8. Also, I'm #1 with a +16 turnover rating this season.

I don't know if this is any indication that defense or fumbles are messed up in played/watched games but I'll give you backstory of what I do.

I'm in year 3 of my dynasty with SDSU. I don't play games, I watch CPU vs CPU games on 7 minute quarters on AA with the following sliders for both sides:

QB acc: 45
Pass Blk: 50
WR Cat: 45
RB Abl: 60
Run Blk: 65
Pass Cov: 55
Pass Rush: 70
Int: 30
Rush D: 45
Tackling: 40
(kicking sliders don't matter)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Wow, 6 players on my team are semifinalists for the Bednarik

I feel like its very easy for a user to get the bednarik. In my OD two users with Oregon and Penn State had 11 of the 12 finalists. I had the other one though!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4

My D-line and and secondary are always on there. It gets annoying ha. I don't even care about the award anymore.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

It's because of a glitch that seems like it'd be really easy to fix. One of the main factors for defensive awards/AA team is total tackles. This year, they've added assisted tackles to go along with solo tackles. Total tackles = assisted tackles + solo tackles.

In played games, there's a lot more solo tackles than assisted tackles whereas in simmed games, it seems to be about a 50/50 split between the 2. This means that user players end up with a lot of solos with few assisted while CPU teams get average solos and a lot of assisted. You could end up with 2 players that look like this:
user LB: 80 total, 60 solo, 20 assisted.
CPU LB: 100 total, 40 solo, 60 assisted.

The glitch is that the game doesn't properly sort by total tackles. Instead, sorting the "total tackles" is the same thing as sorting the "solo tackles." What this means is that, to the game, the user LB above has more "total" tackles because it's really looking at the 60 solo tackles compared to the CPU's 40 solos when really the CPU's guy should have more total tackles (100) instead of the user's guy (80).

What this leads to is since the users get more solo tackles and the game is incapable of seeing the real "total" tackles, the users get the awards and make the AA teams when it should be some CPU guys with more total tackles.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »