Home

Comeback AI

This is a discussion on Comeback AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #9
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Comeback AI

Anyone denying the comeback AI hasn't played enough. Period. It's real!!!

Defense shutting down an 77 OVR team through 3 qtrs, up 28
3rd and 20 or more
QB breaks a BLINDSIDE sack, sprints up field, breaks QB spy tackle (99 ovr LB), gets a first down. Every time.

Or

3rd and long, HB slip screen, HB breaks literally every tackle on the way to a first when he's ice cold

This has happened pretty much every time in dynasty on Heisman late in the season once BCS rankings start up.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #10
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Anyone denying the comeback AI hasn't played enough. Period. It's real!!!

Defense shutting down an 77 OVR team through 3 qtrs, up 28
3rd and 20 or more
QB breaks a BLINDSIDE sack, sprints up field, breaks QB spy tackle (99 ovr LB), gets a first down. Every time.

Or

3rd and long, HB slip screen, HB breaks literally every tackle on the way to a first when he's ice cold

This has happened pretty much every time in dynasty on Heisman late in the season once BCS rankings start up.
Holy thread revival batman...where did you dig up this 8 year old thread! lol

I'm won't deny there is some comeback AI, there sure is. I actually like it. It has made some surefire wins actually competitive. I had one against Oklahoma I was up 34-10 going into the 4th. Had to make a 4th down stand with under a minute left to preserve it 34-26. It made it much more fun.

Your examples though, I can't say I see those much at all. Generally, I shut down any screen. I expect them on 3rd and long and react quick (I use the MLB) and bring the back down for a loss. If I miss the tackle its because I flat out whiffed on the sticks.

I also don't see QB's breaking many blindside sacks and scrambling for a first. They are more prone to breaking a few if they're scramblers, but I almost never had one scramble for a first like that.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #11
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Holy thread revival batman...where did you dig up this 8 year old thread! lol

I'm won't deny there is some comeback AI, there sure is. I actually like it. It has made some surefire wins actually competitive. I had one against Oklahoma I was up 34-10 going into the 4th. Had to make a 4th down stand with under a minute left to preserve it 34-26. It made it much more fun.

Your examples though, I can't say I see those much at all. Generally, I shut down any screen. I expect them on 3rd and long and react quick (I use the MLB) and bring the back down for a loss. If I miss the tackle its because I flat out whiffed on the sticks.

I also don't see QB's breaking many blindside sacks and scrambling for a first. They are more prone to breaking a few if they're scramblers, but I almost never had one scramble for a first like that.
Yeah lol I was quite annoyed today when it happened from week 8-14 without fail against teams that barely won 2 games prior - so I searched for any threads on it here

And yes I know 100% the screen is coming but they always break every tackle for a first. Seems it always happens on third and long for some reason. I do like it, sometimes, but I also like shut outs and its super frustrating when I play perfect defense and know exactly what play they are going to run and it doesnt matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #12
MVP

young22's Arena

I honestly like the 4th quarter comeback AI, makes it harder

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish this happened more with me. Outside of a few recent examples of highly ranked teams catching up to me (which were realistic), I usually pull ahead big time in the 2nd half even with fatigue off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »