Home

Shocking upsets

This is a discussion on Shocking upsets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Rookie

ash00141's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Shocking upsets

Took out Oklahoma in Norman with Tulane in my first year of my dynasty.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

Beat Ohio State with Ohio U. 28-24 in my first dynasty (before patch #1)... Great game.

Starting a new Dynasty after Patch 3.... Can't wait for in-season progression.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #11
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Lost to Syracuse with Washington in year one of my Dynasty. Only loss in a 12-1 season. Down 7 driving down the field to tie it with 30 seconds left, my WR catches a 20 yard pass only to get hit as he catches it fumbling. Lost me the game.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

NCAA 10, year 2.

I was Notre Dame coming off a loss against USC (We were No.1 and 2)

I dropped to No.4 and was going up against Utah who was unranked.

They got off to a 24-7 lead, but I rallied back to tie it 24-24 and went to overtime.

I got the ball first and fumbled. I wasn't bothered because I was shutting them down. So first defensive play, I call an all out blitz. Quarterback throws a touchdown.

I learned never to all out blitz.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I lost to Virginia as Miami, but thats because of the super sim engine. i was up 17-0 and super simmed, they came back and I had to stop simming just so I could drive down field to score a TD and make it 24-24. Then they chucked a pass 60 yards down field and set up the FG team with no time left to win.

Same thing almost happened against Memphis. i was number 1 and played the first defensive possession, then super simmed until halftime only to be down 20-3 to this C overall team. I ended up just quitting and decided to not super sim ever again. When I actually played the whole game I won like 42-0.

― Plato
Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 AM   #14
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

How's this for irony? NCAA 10, I beat Ole Miss with FCS Southeast 34-28. Ironic, Jacksonville State is FCS team and in the Southeast US. My game could predict the future
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 AM   #15
Rookie

Emac's Arena

OVR: 0

On '07 for the PS2, with San Jose State in my third season I beat a #3 Tennessee team. One of the most fun games I've ever played in the series. My Spartans were abysmal the first two seasons, and the upset really came out of nowhere. The previous year we had lost to Texas by like 70 points so that's what I thought would happen again. But somehow we pulled it out. And we managed to make a bowl game at the end of the year where we got destroyed by Rutgers. Good times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't know if it's huge, but I managed to barely beat Virginia Tech with Central Michigan in year one. It came down to the last play and Tyrod was driving, but I batted the ball down on what would have been the game-winning TD.

As Washington, I beat Syracuse only on a last-second hail mary from Locker to Kearse. That was still one of the hardest games I've ever played.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Mississippi St upsetting #1 undefeated Alabama. It totally derailed the Tide's season.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 09-06-2010 at 01:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »