Home

Polls

This is a discussion on Polls within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Polls

I entered the season #1 in all the pre season polls. I just entered week 8 and im now #2 even though I havent lost. Ohio st jumped me for no reason in the coaches poll and arent far behind in AP. Lets compare our schedules.

Minnesota(7-0) me

Army (0-5)
Notre Dame(5-1) #11
Arkansas St(0-6)
Troy (4-1) #16
Northwestern (3-2)
Wisconsin (3-2) was #3 at the time now #15
Purdue (3-1)

Ohio St(5-0)

FCSMW
Kansas St(1-5)
Illinois (3-2)
Indiana (1-5)
Wisconsin (3-2)

It doesn't really matter because I play them in a few weeks but this is ridicules. If something like this happened at the end of the season I would be pissed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Polls

Im about to take my game to gamestop tommorow. These polls are terribly unrealistic.

Im pre-season #1 and defending national champ with Miami FL (20 game win streak). In week 6 I drop to #2 in both polls and week 8 I drop to #3 all polls including the BCS. I get jumped by usc and penn state. Not to mention the fact I beat penn state by 30 points in the previous yrs NC game.

My Non Confrence opponents (miami)
W at #6 Bama
W at #2 UF
W vs #7 Texas
W vs #24 Ohio St
All wins by at least 4 TDS

Penn State
W FCS SE
W at #25 Oregon St
W Louisville
W at pitt
all close games Beat FCS SE by 7

USC
W FCS W
W at Notre Dame
W at Houston
Mostly blowouts

- 33 game win streak
- A+ Schedule
- Return about 18/22 Starter from previous yr
- Blowout all opponents including 6 shutouts

I cant find any rational or realistic reason why I would drop out of NC game. Im about to play in the Orange Bowl instead, this is a game killer. Anyone else experincing this insane poll logic?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

It seems like the polls take your conference into consideration, and not just your strength of schedule. Which is unfortunate because having an A+ schedule should make up for playing in a second tier conference.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
It seems like the polls take your conference into consideration, and not just your strength of schedule. Which is unfortunate because having an A+ schedule should make up for playing in a second tier conference.
Yep, always been this way. It gets really bad at the end of the season sometimes. I spent about 8 seasons building Army up into a power. I had a pre-season #1 ranking, beat 5 top 10 teams, and I finished #3 after going 12-0. I was #2 in week 12 and undefeated Hawaii was 25. 3 weeks later, Hawaii jumped 25 to 14 to 8 to 2 for beating 3 losing teams to jump ahead of me because being in the WAC was considered better than being Independent despite that Hawaii beat no ranked teams, and I think I beat 7 overall.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppkid91
Im about to take my game to gamestop tommorow. These polls are terribly unrealistic.

Im pre-season #1 and defending national champ with Miami FL (20 game win streak). In week 6 I drop to #2 in both polls and week 8 I drop to #3 all polls including the BCS. I get jumped by usc and penn state. Not to mention the fact I beat penn state by 30 points in the previous yrs NC game.

My Non Confrence opponents (miami)
W at #6 Bama
W at #2 UF
W vs #7 Texas
W vs #24 Ohio St
All wins by at least 4 TDS

Penn State
W FCS SE
W at #25 Oregon St
W Louisville
W at pitt
all close games Beat FCS SE by 7

USC
W FCS W
W at Notre Dame
W at Houston
Mostly blowouts

- 33 game win streak
- A+ Schedule
- Return about 18/22 Starter from previous yr
- Blowout all opponents including 6 shutouts

I cant find any rational or realistic reason why I would drop out of NC game. Im about to play in the Orange Bowl instead, this is a game killer. Anyone else experincing this insane poll logic?

dude, you need to up the difficulty or adjust the sliders. How much fun can it be to win every game by 4+ TD's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

It's not that much about conferences. In my latest PITT dynasty I was #6 (11-1) going into the last regular season week (I had a bye) and after advancing to the conference championship week I was #7, passed by Nevada (12-0). Then after advancing to the bowl weeks I was #8, passed by Ohio St. (11-1, Who didn't even play a game).

But that's not all, Alabama, Boise St., TCU and Nevada were all 12-0 and Nevada went from #7 to #4 after the conference week. Texas was #4, but they were passed by Nevada after winning the Big 12 conference game. #5 was PSU, they moved to #6. USC was #6 and they got pushed back to #7.

Nevada played absolutely no one all year and there conference prestige is not good. 9 out of the 12 teams they played had losing records. That situation is unacceptable. They ended up playing Ohio St. in the Sugar bowl and got killed 54-2.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
Nonsense. Boise State, Utah, and TCU are consistently ranked higher than teams from the Big XII and SEC with the same exact record.

The poll logic is truly unbelievable.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Rookie

It just sucks that a game that is so good graphically is so bad logically. I couldnt imagine in real life Alabama going undefeated this year and being passed in the polls by Ohio st. and Boise at the end of the season. I cant believe the devs. did not notice this nonsense. It cant be that hard to have strength of schedule and program and conference prestige mean something in the polls like they do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »