Home

The most confusing playbook

This is a discussion on The most confusing playbook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 The most confusing playbook

So as of recently playing NCAA my friends discovered the "OMG GR8TEST PB EVAR" which they decide is Navy's. I find the whole thing confusing as ****. I run the spread at Michigan, if you were wondering. If you didn't already know Navy runs tons of motions and options out of Flexbone. It can really kill you if you can't stop it. Anyone have any ideas?
Anyway, what do you think is the most confusing playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The most confusing playbook

Yeah any kind of under center option offense tends to be pretty complicated.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I love Navy's playbook, the old-school triple option offense is a lot of fun to run and not a lot of fun to defend. I find the best way to defend it is to call DE/CB contain. I can't remember which formation it is but I know one of the defensive playbooks has CB contain in which the entire D-Line crashes in, the Corners move up to contain the edge and the LBs spy. That's the best strategy, IMO. You can't stop the option, you can only contain it, so call a contain and audible your LBs to spy if you need to. If I have three LB's I usually spy the ROLB and LOLB and then blitz the MLB right up the gut to stop the FB.

Good call on Michigan's playbook. I use that for my dynasty and I love it. Just won the Heisman with Roundtree...78 Rec, 2550 yards, 21 TD (without using the Pump-Fake glitch...his progression between Soph. and Junior years was crazy.) Denard Robinson transferred to SMU so Forcier stepped up and won the O'Brien throwing for 6100 and 67 TD...I had three 1,000 yard Receivers
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution37
I love Navy's playbook, the old-school triple option offense is a lot of fun to run and not a lot of fun to defend. I find the best way to defend it is to call DE/CB contain. I can't remember which formation it is but I know one of the defensive playbooks has CB contain in which the entire D-Line crashes in, the Corners move up to contain the edge and the LBs spy. That's the best strategy, IMO. You can't stop the option, you can only contain it, so call a contain and audible your LBs to spy if you need to. If I have three LB's I usually spy the ROLB and LOLB and then blitz the MLB right up the gut to stop the FB.

Good call on Michigan's playbook. I use that for my dynasty and I love it. Just won the Heisman with Roundtree...78 Rec, 2550 yards, 21 TD (without using the Pump-Fake glitch...his progression between Soph. and Junior years was crazy.) Denard Robinson transferred to SMU so Forcier stepped up and won the O'Brien throwing for 6100 and 67 TD...I had three 1,000 yard Receivers
I would love to have you in my ONLY Sim dynasty. You would win EVERY award & since your a NON-cheeser you would be a perfect fit....
Old 09-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Little heavy on the sarcasm there? I'm not saying it's realistic at all, in fact I was getting kind of frusturated because of the habit I'd developed. I always run shotgun (for obvious reasons, being Michigan). I also always hot route a receiver to a vertical (usually it was Roundtree, sometime Hemingway) and then use the cadence to try and draw the defense off. If they jumped, I always threw vertical because it was a free play and Roundtree was open a lot.

Roundtree's progression made him a 98 OVR with 99 Speed, 98 ACC, 93 AWR, etc. Pretty much everything that makes a great WR. Couple that with an 8-game conference schedule against sub-par secondaries and I can just go vertical to him. Or, I throw to Hemingway or Vincent Smith underneath and let them pick up YAC.

Sorry that you don't like my dominance, I can't help it sometimes.

If it makes you feel better, I'm just starting year 4 right now with Devin Gardner at QB. He threw for 232 and 3 TD and rushed for 184 and 1 TD in the first game against #10 USC...better?

On a serious note though...I've been playing NCAA forever but I've never touched the tuners. Do you have a tuner set you'd recommend? Can you post the numbers here? Thanks.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Go Thunder!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Yeah, I love the Army/Navy/Ga Tech playbooks (I think they are all exactly the same, correct me if I'm wrong). I just wish they had the FB toss play from their real life playbooks.

Anyway, if you have the right personnel is is an awesome thing to use and a devil to stop.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Just won the Heisman with Roundtree...78 Rec, 2550 yards, 21 TD (without using the Pump-Fake glitch...his progression between Soph. and Junior years was crazy.) Denard Robinson transferred to SMU so Forcier stepped up and won the O'Brien throwing for 6100 and 67 TD...I had three 1,000 yard Receivers
Easy sliders much?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »