Home

Anything going to be done about alabama being unstoppable?

This is a discussion on Anything going to be done about alabama being unstoppable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Anything going to be done about alabama being unstoppable?

If you sim 4 seasons or so alabama has like 3-4 qbs rated 90 or higher. Is that going to be fixed soon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

Re: Anything going to be done about alabama being unstoppable?

I don't know if it's something they can just "fix." I recently accepted the head coach position at Alabama in my 4th year of my dynasty, and you're right, the QB talent is pretty unbelievable. I only have one guy at 91, but I have like 3 in the high 80s and there was already another 5* QB signed when I got there. Then I found out why: in Alabama's recruiting plan, QB importance is set to "High." Considering almost every one of their pitches is rated "A" or "A+," they go after at least one 5* QB a year and pretty much get him.

I obviously won't be doing this since I'm controlling them now, but basically what I'm saying is that the only ways to "fix" this is to set QB importance to "Low" or reduce some of their pitch ratings, but both would result in Alabama likely ending up with bad QBs (or at least, mediocre QBs) and not many of them at that. And, of course, that's not a problem the real Alabama is likely to have anytime soon.

Addendum: In all honesty, it's not unusual for really good teams to have extreme QB talent and depth. Keep in mind that Matt Cassel never started a game in college at USC, and he was still drafted and now starts in the NFL. Granted, that's an extreme case, but it's still valid. Likewise, Leinart was third string when he and Cassel were backing up Palmer, and look at the (college) career he ended up having.

Last edited by Card-me; 09-07-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

you could nuke their ratings with roster edits beforehand. Won't do much for recruiting, though.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm in Year 4, about to head to Year 5 in my offline dynasty and while Bama has some pretty impressive QB's on their roster, they are by no means unstoppable. Year 1, they had 1 loss and were relegated to a non-championship BCS bowl game. Year 2, they were undefeated and won the national title. Year 3, they had 2 losses and in Year 4, they have 3 losses.

So yeah...I'm not seeing them as being "unstoppable".
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'm in Year 4, about to head to Year 5 in my offline dynasty and while Bama has some pretty impressive QB's on their roster, they are by no means unstoppable. Year 1, they had 1 loss and were relegated to a non-championship BCS bowl game. Year 2, they were undefeated and won the national title. Year 3, they had 2 losses and in Year 4, they have 3 losses.

So yeah...I'm not seeing them as being "unstoppable".
In my dynasty they've gone undefeated for 4 straight years and won the national championship all four years. Meanwhile I've gone undefeated 4 straight years as Texas and haven't made the national championship to play them yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

Yeah I had a dynasty where they've even lost 2 games (not facing me at all). I had them win a championship once as well. For me at least, it hasn't been the same thing every dynasty year for them.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

They went 11-0 in the regular season in year 1 of my dynasty, got blown out in the SEC championship game and then proceeded to get blown out in a BCS bowl game
Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

Just to add, I got the job in my dynasty because they had lost multiple games every season (and none of them were me, I started at FAU then went to Illinois) and had not won a championship. So they're not unbeatable in all dynasties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »