Home

Boise and VT Unis

This is a discussion on Boise and VT Unis within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #57
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Boise and VT Unis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
These uniforms need to be mothballed and never seen from again. Virginia Tech looked like Oregon State, Texas Tech, Maryland, and every other all black layout ever. It's amazing that as we move into the high definition color age, people want to see all black against all white. Boise State looked just as bad with grey subbing for orange. Just horrible all around.
\/ There is actually inspiration behind VT's uniforms. \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Virginia Tech
Inspired by VT's relationship with the military, the uniform is all-black with grey accents (symbolic of military dress uniforms) to accompany the team's burgundy and orange. The
helmet is a flat black shell with the VT logo in orange outlined in burgundy and white. The uniform numbers feature a computer-chip pattern signifying the school's technological background. The "tech-y" pattern is also used throughout the uniforms on orange accent panels that crop the shoulders and run down the pant legs.

..****Sh Um...
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #58
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I liked Boise's uniforms much better than their previous ones. However, VT's uniforms looked fantastic! I loved the flat black helmets.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #59
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I liked Boise's uniforms because it actually fit their team colors. The bronco logo on the helmet was awesome. They should have put it on both sides.

I didn't really care that much for Virginia Tech's. The numbers were really hard to read and I didn't get the black at all. I'm not a big fan of the black uniforms when they don't fit with the school's colors. I thought it would have been better if they would have just used maroon instead of black. Plus I thought the flat black gave a thuggish look. I would love to see a flat maroon helmet. I honestly think it would look pretty awesome.

I don't think neither team deserves any real praise for their uniforms though. Nike hasn't been doing a good job with the uniforms. Most of their new ones just look awful. They need to stick with simple concepts.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #60
Banned

StickeeGreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
I liked Boise's uniforms because it actually fit their team colors. The bronco logo on the helmet was awesome. They should have put it on both sides.

I didn't really care that much for Virginia Tech's. The numbers were really hard to read and I didn't get the black at all. I'm not a big fan of the black uniforms when they don't fit with the school's colors. I thought it would have been better if they would have just used maroon instead of black. Plus I thought the flat black gave a thuggish look. I would love to see a flat maroon helmet. I honestly think it would look pretty awesome.

I don't think neither team deserves any real praise for their uniforms though. Nike hasn't been doing a good job with the uniforms. Most of their new ones just look awful. They need to stick with simple concepts.

Wow..."Thuggish look" man I'm on the brink of getting banned...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #61
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
Did you see my post above? VT used black to resemble their relationship with the military.

..****Sh Um...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some of the Pro Combat I liked both last year and this year. I thought that TCU's looked great on Sat. LOVED FSU's last year. Pitt and WVU look great from what I can tell online....I"m not saying that you can't don the Pro Combat style - I just thought both of the ones last night looked like ***.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #63
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

HAHAHAHAHAHA! And they said it could not be done! I was too excited about the win to even care about the uniforms then I saw this post and I remembered the Pro Combat Stuff.....I didnt like the jerseys for Boise but the rest of the uniform was cool. VT had some sik helmets, and uniforms as whole were awesome.

But VT fans....I am now your biggest fan...go Hoakies and help out my Bronco's hahaha!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #64
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know what was up with VT's numbers, way too much happening there.

Regardless, I'm incredibly happy we became an Adidas school a few years back so we don't have to worry about Nike forcing us to wear something ridiculous out there. It was a damn shame last year that OSu wore some horrible throwbacks during The Game and it seems like they'll be doing it again this year. Very glad that we'll always have the winged helmet instead of Nike giving us some matte finish with a two-toned block M on the side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »