Home

Blocked punts/FG's

This is a discussion on Blocked punts/FG's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #25
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Blocked punts/FG's

I've returned multiple kick-offs and punts.

I've only blocked one punt. I forget who I was, but if you come out in the punt block, and they are in tight with the up-backs close to the line all you have to do is time the snap right and lay out for it at the last second. I got pretty lucky as I haven't been able to do it since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #26
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I blocked a punt the other day and I saved the video also.I'm on All American and use Clemson and I was playing at Wisconsin.I downloaded the video and here it is.
The video is found here:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/34811520
Thanks for posting, nice to know it's a least possible. I haven't blocked anything on this gen.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Playing offline dynasty vs user. AA with minimal sliders. No Rush off/def sliders.

Blocked 1 punt. Punt block vs Maximum Punt coverage on 1 yard line. DL game plan was on average. Playing with OU at home vs Utah State.

Got 1 PR. (sliders - Punt acc 35 Punt power 50). Brennan Clay, 89 yards. May have been a fluke, but both of us are reconsidering putting elite players at PR.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Probably 0-3 kickoff returns a season on Heisman or All American.

Punt return TD's only against teams with no speed on the coverage team (like FCS teams).

I blocked one field goal with Armando Allen and have come close a few other times.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #29
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I've done everything except block a punt.

I had a game where the computer was kicking an extra point, but I was still up by 42. So, since it didn't matter, I decided to try to block the kick. I took my fastest player and lined him up in the back of the endzone (behind the last two players on the left side of the formation. I knew I was going to get an offsides but I didn't care. I took off toward the line so my guy would be at full speed. It just so happens that I timed the snap perfectly, I mean it could not have been any more perfect. One pixel farther and I would have been offsides. My guy blows right past the outside blocker and at this point I knew I was finally going to do it. The kicker approaches the ball and I lay out to smother the ball before he even gets the chance to kick it ... only problem was, my guy was so fast and I'd timed it so perfectly that my guy dove directly over the ball, split the holder and the kicker, and the ball had missed my right foot by a matter of inches. Kick is good.

I was not very happy. Luckily, I did manage to block a kick a few weeks later. It was the first one I'd blocked manually since NCAA 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »