Home

Frustrated cant stop pass

This is a discussion on Frustrated cant stop pass within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1
Frustrated cant stop pass

Title kind of sums it up. I bought the game last week after not buying NCAA since 2008 because I thought 2008 was broken as there was no way to stop the computer from completing passes.

I played a few games last week and pass defense seemed to work well. Then today I download the patch and now the computer passes like 80% of the time and completes almost everything. I have tried changing defense sliders can't stop the AI from just sitting back down after down and completing passes. Please give me some advice? Did the patch ruin the game? I want to love this game and do not want to throw it in the box near 2008.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Frustrated cant stop pass

You think it's bad against the CPU, try playing online.

Coverage is an absolute joke in this game. Defenders in zone coverage watch the ball fly right by them half the time without reacting to it. Not to mention the near obsolete recognition of any receivers running routes. They go to their zone and that's it, they never "cover" a receiver.

I won't even get into man coverage.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4

I am absolutely shutting down the CPU in passing, and online I am doing pretty good against the pass. I use mostly man coverage. Zone isn't as effective, but it works decent in the middle of the field. If the offense is on the hash marks, I usually go man. On my dynasty(AA), I am usually in the top 10 in pass defense. I LOVE THIS GAME!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

Try putting out as many DB's as they have WR's. for example if they come out with 3 WR's then you come out in a nickel. dont be afraid to put more Db's out there than they do WR's, especially in a passing situation. Then just let the cpu do its thing by covering the WR's. I try to never click on them until its time to make a tackle
Old 09-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
lek
Rookie

This is why I was worried about buying the game. From what I read on the forums looked like they fixed pass defense so I shelled out the 60 bucks. Now your telling me same broken game as the 2008 version?

Also upset because I could swear that before I downloaded the patch the pass defense was much better? Even the ratio of run to pass was much better. Now no matter who I play (Even a run dominated program), like 80% of the time they throw the ball and like 85% of those passes are complete? I blitz sit back in pass D nothing works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The original game's gameplay was pretty solid. The patches have screwed it up to make it more like the 2009 broken-defense-oops-i-mean-wide-open-offense version.

Sadly, the original game's recruiting was completely broken.

EA Sports has the worst programmers in the world.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #7
lek
Rookie

its odd because I read so much positive info about the game before I bought it. I just wanted it to be better then 09. Now if nothing can be done to fix this I am going to put it in the box next to 09 and give up on this series. The game looks really good and I really want to like it but after the patch everytime I play a game I just get upset. I played against Alabama with Igram last night and like 90% of the time they passed the ball. I don't mind getting beat up but this is nothing like college football. As Nebraska I got chewed up for like 300 yards passing by Buffalo!!! Computer QB was like 90% completion rate?

Anyway I wish they would do something to fix this. I want to love this game but as of now its going in the box and I am going back to Road to the Show.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Last year, running a press coverage with LB's in a zone helped. Especially if you spotlighted the slot WR. Things seem to be different this year and passes over the middle are completed at a fairly high rate. Any recommendations on what to use defense-wise as well the pre-snap adjustments?

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »