Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Available, Impressions Here (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Available, Impressions Here (PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #729
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Available, Impressions Here (PS3

If this was asked in the past few days I overlooked it, I was wondering if anybody else had issues with RBs coming in with low speed/acc or if it's just the crappy guys I keep recruiting? LOL. Just asking as I'm playing as Kent State and I'm working my way up to better recruits. I just recruited two 3* guys and was curious before I finished this season. The two guys I recruited before with the low stats, I believe, were 2*s
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #730
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Available, Impressions Here (PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalive1459
In your opinion, both LB's in that video had poor technique which caused them to run in the wrong direction(one the opposite direction of his assignment and the other moving outside while his man was in pass protection)? Sounds like this should be an issue with play recognition rather than man coverage skills. I agree with you that man coverage also deals with technique, but that lack of technique wouldn't amount to running the wrong direction, IMO.
This was a few pages back but I didn't have time to respond to it, since it was in response to my videos.

I'm not sure which video you are talking about man coverage in, but the original comments of mine you quoted were in reference to a ZONE coverage play. My CB was sprinting backwards when he was in ZONE, while every other player on the field had his eyes to the play like anyone who has played two seconds of defense at any level knows to do.

Maybe you were talking about another one of my videos but the comments you quoted have nothing to do with what you're talking about. If you're talking about the play where I was in a man CB blitz with Cover 0 and my guy sprinted away from a TE sitting in place on a 3 yard curl, you have to be joking. Don't even try rationalizing that.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #731
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

just downloaded the new patch, but why don;t I get prompted for the tuning pack, nothing is coming up, can I go somewhere within the game to download it. I thought it came up on it's own, but it's not.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #732
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
just downloaded the new patch, but why don;t I get prompted for the tuning pack, nothing is coming up, can I go somewhere within the game to download it. I thought it came up on it's own, but it's not.
Hmmm, it should come up right away. Restart the game and see if it pops up.

If not, you should be able to go to File Management, delete the tuner that is saved there and then restart and it will pop up.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #733
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Log into the play online screen and it will prompt you to download the tuning update.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #734
Rookie

OVR: 6

maybe a stupid question but does the tuner automatically load up every time you load up game and play? reason I ask is I was playing around with me missouri vs cpu colorodo and cpu couldn't run for anything so I go into file management then load tuners up and cpu is avg 7.2 a carry thru 1st quarter maybe it was just a random thing anyway just wondering

never mind answered in another thread thanks

Last edited by astronut; 09-10-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #735
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
360 User

So what I'm gathering is that the patch absolutely helps gameplay but, virtually does nothing to help dynasty mode and the recruits? The speed to acceleration ratio on players is just absolutely awful it still seems, 90 speed and 74 acceleration? Really?
AMEN!!! I can handle the lower ratings from incoming recruits overall. A default roster overall to match the incoming recruits can even that out. But, the speed/agility/acceleration ratio's nearly make the game unplayable in latter years. I had a recruit with 92 speed, 55 agility, and 64 acceleration. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!! Even it out!!! There are tons of "burners" in college football. Why cant a rb have 90's in speed, accel, agil, and just be a 55 overall??? What is basically being said is that unless you are a top tier team, you ARENT allowed to have fast/agile players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #736
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

To get the full benefit of the patch, do PS3 users have to have a 3rd d/l? I have the two updates that came out on 9/7. But it sounded like PS3 users needed another d/l after the xbox people got theirs? Do i need a 3rd d/l or was everything updated on the 7th?

The main reason i'm asking is that i tried In-season Progression the day of the d/l and there wasn't any...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »