Home

Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

This is a discussion on Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
Sounds good to me. That is how it should be. What would be the point of not setting it to aggressive if there was no penalty? I'd get pissed if you couldn't counter an aggressive line.
There has to be a happy medium though. If they can just hit the hard count button and get an automatic five yards every time if your line is set to Aggressive, that's fairly ridiculous. Lots of real-life d-lines are highly aggressive and they don't jump early every time the QB barks out a different cadence. Then again, the false start reactions to hard counts are too high as well. Both of these things should occur half (or less) as often as they do. If you hard count on every other snap, you'll see penalties up and down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #42
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
Sounds good to me. That is how it should be. What would be the point of not setting it to aggressive if there was no penalty? I'd get pissed if you couldn't counter an aggressive line.
The way he describes it, the aggressive line jumps offsides frequently to the point of rendering that strategy useless and open to a cheap exploit by the offense. How does that sound good?
Old 09-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #43
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

The biggest, most obvious, improvement when I'm playing is the human outside run. Pre-patch I could line up in the I-tight, run HB toss and get 10-15 yards or more almost every single time, regardless of slider settings. Well, not anymore. The rush D sliders obviously working, LB's and DB's can get off of blocks and get to the runner now instead of being driven clear out of the play by a low RBK rating WR.

The second thing is zone coverage. I've seen people saying they can't see a difference, and that it's too easy to pass for both sides, but I don't think they are looking at it from the right perspective. With the boost to zone, and a slight (very slight, almost unnoticable) tweak to man coverage, they have brought the effectiveness of the 2 types of coverage closer together. Before, raising the pass D slider to help overall coverage would really just make it so that man was extremely difficult to beat, and zone, although improved, was still a joke. Now the Pass D slider effects both types of coverage more equally making the pass D slider more effective as a whole.

Lastly, human pass rush. I see alot of complaining about it, but I've had no problems myself. I've been getting 3+ non-user sacks per game before even messing with sliders. If I control a D-lineman I might get 2-4 sacks on top of that, and not always just user-controlled block beating, but drawing the double team to open up a sacking opportunity for another lineman or linebacker. The defender you control should be situational in my opinion. I know some guys want to sit on a safety all day and then gripe about pass rush, but if you want to have better post-throw pass D then control a DB, if you want better pass rush then control a D-lineman, if you want better anticipation and angles to stop the run, control a LB. And change depending on the situation and what you expect them to try in that situation. I think it makes the human controlled defense more dependant on human control, and I don't see that as a bad thing.

Last edited by BoomerSooner420; 09-08-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #44
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Talking Re: Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner420
The biggest, most obvious, improvement when I'm playing is the human outside run. Pre-patch I could line up in the I-tight, run HB toss and get 10-15 yards or more almost every single time, regardless of slider settings. Well, not anymore. The rush D sliders obviously working, LB's and DB's can get off of blocks and get to the runner now instead of being driven clear out of the play by a low RBK rating WR.

The second thing is zone coverage. I've seen people saying they can't see a difference, and that it's too easy to pass for both sides, but I don't think they are looking at it from the right perspective. With the boost to zone, and a slight (very slight, almost unnoticable) tweak to man coverage, they have brought the effectiveness of the 2 types of coverage closer together. Before, raising the pass D slider to help overall coverage would really just make it so that man was extremely difficult to beat, and zone, although improved, was still a joke. Now the Pass D slider effects both types of coverage more equally making the pass D slider more effective as a whole.

Lastly, human pass rush. I see alot of complaining about it, but I've had no problems myself. I've been getting 3+ non-user sacks per game before even messing with sliders. If I control a D-lineman I might get 2-4 sacks on top of that, and not always just user-controlled block beating, but drawing the double team to open up a sacking opportunity for another lineman or linebacker. The defender you control should be situational in my opinion. I know some guys want to sit on a safety all day and then gripe about pass rush, but if you want to have better post-throw pass D then control a DB, if you want better pass rush then control a D-lineman, if you want better anticipation and angles to stop the run, control a LB. And change depending on the situation and what you expect them to try in that situation. I think it makes the human controlled defense more dependant on human control, and I don't see that as a bad thing.
As much as it pains me to say it...the Sooner is making the most sense on the boards today.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
This is how I play. Where ever I think the 'play' will need to be made, That will be the position i choose for that play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #46
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

I think you're spot on with this. Before you could raise pass coverage to 100 and zone coverage would still be weak, while man coverage would be obviously more difficult. Now with this patch the pass coverage sliders will effect both man and zone, which is what it should do.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #47
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
As much as it pains me to say it...the Sooner is making the most sense on the boards today.
I agree! I think he's spot on.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 10

Does anyone notice anything from coach mode/cpu vs. cpu mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »