Home

Athlete: RB or WR?

This is a discussion on Athlete: RB or WR? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Athlete: RB or WR?

so i just had a hell of a recruiting class with Auburn. it has been fun with this version as i havent won any championship, SEC or otherwise, but had success against rivals and only lost one bowl in 4 years.

back to the question at hand... this recruiting class was led by three athletes. one is going to be a 4 year starter at MLB, while the other two are the nuanced RB or WR hybrid. love these as i can use them in my spread formation. they both have solid to good catching ( 69/80) ability. both have good wheels and agility and carrying ability, as well as BCV. i decided to make them both WR (for official position) and sub them in as RBs as need be. question is, what do you guys usually do? as a point of ref the 5 star was a81 wr and 79 rb...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Athlete: RB or WR?

I rarely try and purposefully create positional hybrids, so it would depend on the other incoming freshman and how deep that position is.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4

Well setting them at WR means they will progress as one, so if their RB skills are low, and you plan to use them as such for 4 years, you might want to think about that more.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
Well setting them at WR means they will progress as one, so if their RB skills are low, and you plan to use them as such for 4 years, you might want to think about that more.
yea that is a good point. i was rash and already made the change. i came to a quick conclusion that i would use them more on bubble screens and short, quick pass routes. i do have a bruiser at HB who is a senior. it all depends on how i now recruit at HB to see if it was the right move...
man i am loving this game. the prospect of a new season with these issues is really what makes the game dynamic to me.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:25 AM   #5
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
yea that is a good point. i was rash and already made the change. i came to a quick conclusion that i would use them more on bubble screens and short, quick pass routes. i do have a bruiser at HB who is a senior. it all depends on how i now recruit at HB to see if it was the right move...
man i am loving this game. the prospect of a new season with these issues is really what makes the game dynamic to me.
Ah, I was about to edit my post with another thought I had while using the bathroom (best ideas are always in the bathroom). Next time you have a decision, check which position they have a higher AWR in, that is most likely their natural position and will probably progress better there as well.

And you have a fall back on RB, you can change position in the off-season (though hurting AWR) and then go through training, and if they progress well enough to start, great, if not, set them back at WR on the depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
Ah, I was about to edit my post with another thought I had while using the bathroom (best ideas are always in the bathroom). Next time you have a decision, check which position they have a higher AWR in, that is most likely their natural position and will probably progress better there as well.

And you have a fall back on RB, you can change position in the off-season (though hurting AWR) and then go through training, and if they progress well enough to start, great, if not, set them back at WR on the depth chart.
ah, i was too focused on catching, route running, btk, bcv and carrying! they were close enough where i SHOULD have let the AWR being the decider. either way, these young 'thletes are getting their cleats dirty game 1!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #7
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
ah, i was too focused on catching, route running, btk, bcv and carrying! they were close enough where i SHOULD have let the AWR being the decider. either way, these young 'thletes are getting their cleats dirty game 1!
Lining them up on either side of the QB in shotgun will be fun though ha
Old 09-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
I rarely try and purposefully create positional hybrids, so it would depend on the other incoming freshman and how deep that position is.
I love finding an ATH my first year into my dynasty that can be a great third down back. A good mini Brian Westbrook clone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »