Home

What type of offense is the most fun?

This is a discussion on What type of offense is the most fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What type of offense is the most fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
How is that considered cheese? For every offense there is a counter with defense. It's about adapting and reacting with good strategy.
True.

However The Full House offense doesn't have a counter on defense. Thats probably because its not run irl in college football. The option in that formation is successful because the QB hits full speed as soon as he snaps. Its one of the few option plays where I've seen that happen, so it might be a glitch. The lineman/linebackers are always too late to react to it.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
True.

However The Full House offense doesn't have a counter on defense. Thats probably because its not run irl in college football. The option in that formation is successful because the QB hits full speed as soon as he snaps. Its one of the few option plays where I've seen that happen, so it might be a glitch. The lineman/linebackers are always too late to react to it.
Not that hard to stop for me, maybe because all the top players online does it but. If you know its coming? just come out in 4-4 spread your line backers and then blitz them all. LOL wash rinse and repeat.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Klingkong251's Arena

OVR: 0

I like running an option offense myself. Its fun converting a team to an option team by recruiting your own players over te course of a few seasons. And to those of you who think running the option is cheese because it is hard to stop, its not. The option is very hard to stop irl as the defense has to play very disiplined to stop it. Teams like Navy don't have the type of athletes to hang with bigger schools but are always competive because of the offense they run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

I wish there was a playbook that was exclusively wishbone. Its kind of fun for nostalgia reasons. I love the belly option to the full back. Its kind of fun giving it to the fullback twice and being forced to make a decision on 3rd and short based on what the defense does. And then just arduously chipping away at the defense. The clock runs more because youre running so often, which leads to fewer possessions, which makes possessions more critical.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyG
I wish there was a playbook that was exclusively wishbone. Its kind of fun for nostalgia reasons. I love the belly option to the full back. Its kind of fun giving it to the fullback twice and being forced to make a decision on 3rd and short based on what the defense does. And then just arduously chipping away at the defense. The clock runs more because youre running so often, which leads to fewer possessions, which makes possessions more critical.
God for the return of create a playbook. I would pay like $10 for one right now.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyG
Option playbook has wishbone tigh wide and double WRs dude.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Option playbook has wishbone tigh wide and double WRs dude.
I realize there are playbooks with wishbone formations but Im talking about having the wishbone exclusively...none of that flexbone stuff.

I also wouldnt mind seeing Nebraska old playbook that ran the option out of the I...but not mixed together.

One of the things I like about this game is being able to create old teams on teambuilder. If I create 1985 Oklahoma, I dont want to see them running the flexbone.

However, I have created 88 Notre Dame which ran the option. Even though the flexbone wasnt used at that time, they had more variety in terms of formations in how they ran the wishbone. Here is a famous play that ND ran out of the power T back in the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIZZ0...eature=related
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

When you say full house offense what are you refering to? What teams have the full house formation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »