Home

Post Patch 3 Game Speed Discussion

This is a discussion on Post Patch 3 Game Speed Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #25
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Post Patch 3 Game Speed Discussion

Do you guys okay w/ sliders on slow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #26
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
anything below normal just isnt real football speed.
I disagree. Play the game with 15 min. quarters for awhile, you'll find that you run way too many plays per game on anything above slow. I know most people don't have the time/patience for 15 min. quarters but that's what real football is, 60 minutes from start to finish. Slower player speed = more time off the clock per play as it's naturally gonna take plays longer to develop.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
I disagree. Play the game with 15 min. quarters for awhile, you'll find that you run way too many plays per game on anything above slow. I know most people don't have the time/patience for 15 min. quarters but that's what real football is, 60 minutes from start to finish. Slower player speed = more time off the clock per play as it's naturally gonna take plays longer to develop.
He isn't talking about how many plays you can get in. He's talking about how fast the players move.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I actually really enjoyed a game of really slow last night - almost zero warping - which is key, especially if you have tackle at 60 plus. With that combination - what are you guys using for min speed threshold? I'm currently at 25.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

To be fair, realistic NFL game speed would be around Very Fast or Fast, but it's just not practical at all to play the game at that sort of speed.

I've been switching between Normal and Slow for a while but I think I've finally settled on Normal.
Slow just seems like everything is in slow motion (surprise surprise) and the way they run just feels awkward because of how slow they seem to move. Normal is perfect IMO.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #30
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11

I've been playing on Normal since release, bug after listening to you guys I think I'm going to give slow a chance after Patch 3.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Old 09-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #31
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
He isn't talking about how many plays you can get in. He's talking about how fast the players move.
They go hand in hand though. The only way they don't is if the clock ticks too slow, which doesn't seem to be the case as it's pretty easy to tell if a second is longer than a second. I think the visual difference comes in as in the game every player slides or scoots very slightly with each step, which results in more ground covered with less steps so it appears slower. Watch a player run 80 yards in the game and then watch a real player run 80 yards. I bet if you timed them (with the game on slow) they'd time out very close to the same but if you counted the number of steps used to get there the real player would have many more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #32
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

After playing about 55 games on slow, I didn't notice much of a difference switching to very slow for the last half of a game. But, in the next game, my first full game on very slow, I did notice a difference. Not sure if I like it better than slow. Will need more games. But, without a doubt, normal is too fast for me.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »