Home

online community: why so many cheesers?

This is a discussion on online community: why so many cheesers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: online community: why so many cheesers?

well i'd say the pump fake glitch is pure cheating. things like running the ball every play out of a gl formation and letting the playclock rundown on every snap at the same time is cheesing. onside kickoffs every kickoff and going for two after every td is cheesing. going 5 wide and stepping out of the hash marks with your qb because you know the coverages will start to drop is cheesing. well maybe it aint cheesing to you but it sure is annoying to me.

Ill tell you, i have a crapload of football experience and knowledge of the x's and o's and schemes of the game. that knowledge shows in my play. everyone i play just wants to be annoying and piss you off. for the life of me i cant get a straight game out of anyone. these dynasties are crap too. no one really has the dedication to run one properly. much less actually get one started. they drop in and out like flies. i dont know where to turn with this game so its going in the crapper. and im pretty much done with ea sports football in general. somebody give me a call when EA decides to make big boy football and not cater to these brain dead dogpiles that litter their servers.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

i haven't ran into any cheesers online....mainly beacuse i've only played sim people...great games so far
Old 09-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhouston12
i haven't ran into any cheesers online....mainly beacuse i've only played sim people...great games so far
Exactly. I don't play randoms

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

find yourself a community of sim gamers... then enjoy...

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 09-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

it's the nature of online gaming in general. always been like this and will likely never change.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yep....it is just the whole human ego thing. People like to brag about their rank, win and lost record. Therefore people cheese just to get the W added to their record.

I have seen it in every sports game.......People choose the team that have the highest rated players ALL THE TIME instead of playing with random teams.

In baseball games - see Yankees all day

NBA - last year it was the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics.....This year I gurantee you going to see Miami all day, probably won't even come across a Cavs player online this year

NCAA - Alabama, Ohio St all day. Back when Pat White played, it was W.VA all day with people running around with Pat White. Samething last year when it was Florida and people running with Tebow all day.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

gotmadskillzson nailed it, if anyone wants a good game on 360 PM me we can get one in sometime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's the nature of online gaming in general. always been like this and will likely never change.
Disagreed. On APF 2k8 you can play lobby games and consistently find sim players to go against. The rating system they had really made it easy to avoid the cheesers and the developers did a fairly decent job of limiting the exploits/potential cheese.

I don't want to make this into another 2k vs EA debate, my only point is that it is possible to create an online experience where sim players don't feel left in the dark. I don't understand this type of mentality from EA fans that implies that we should adapt or limit our experience, instead of urging the developers to cater to their hardcore fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »