Home

Bobby Petrino is a Cheeser

This is a discussion on Bobby Petrino is a Cheeser within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Bobby Petrino is a Cheeser

So what about the throw before that on 3rd down when he could have just sat on it and ended the game? And it wasn't 50 seconds left.

Edit: Just looked it up on my DVR. 3rd down, clock running, ball on the opponent's 35 yard line. The ball was snapped at around the 49 sec mark with the playclock at 8 seconds. He could have run and ended the game right there but he calls a pass.

And knowlege of football? Mallett took another hit right in the gut on that play. I know enough to know that you don't needlessly expose your franchise with seconds left in a game that's wrapped up when a knee runs out the clock.

P.S. Sorry it didn't come across, I thought it would with my repeated use of the word "amused", but this was a tongue-in-cheek kind of post, not meant to ruffle any feathers.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 09-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

In Petrinos defense of running up the score, margin of victory does go into the BC$ formula. The system encourages coaches to run up score, thus displaying poor sportsmanship. What a great system.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #11
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

The main fact to be considered is, Mallett missed ALL of the spring due to surgery and didn't even get to dress until the first fall practice. He needs ALL the snaps he can get before the trip to Georgia next weekend...I personally think its gonna be UgLy next week but I am a paranoid pessimist(pretty typical of Arkansas fans though )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigem
In Petrinos defense of running up the score, margin of victory does go into the BC$ formula. The system encourages coaches to run up score, thus displaying poor sportsmanship. What a great system.
No it doesn't. It used to be that way, but it's not like that now.

The only way margin of victory makes its way into the current system is via human voting.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

The 3-3-5 defense is intended to blitz someone on every single play. It wouldn't make sense, especially on running downs to only send three. The principles of the 3-3-5 is to confuse the offensive blockers by keeping them guessing as to who the blitzer(s) are. Therefore, that is legit.

However, when we complain about "cheesy" defenses on the game, it gets to be slightly ridiculous when you are playing against a defense that is not the 3-3-5 and you are being kamikaze blitzed by two safeties or two cornerbacks every other play, and on top of it, the CPU defense still has perfect coverage. That is not realistic. If you blitz your secondary, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to the passing game, but the game never has a vulnerability when that happens. That is what people complain about and it is legit.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #14
Pro

Its not Petrino's job to stop his offense.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Its not Petrino's job to stop his offense.
Bingo. It is also not good to pull your starters when they have not played well. It's better to work things out against ULM then trying to work them out against a SEC team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

to the OP.... i get the joke dont worry buddy i am a fan of Miami and Jimmy Johnson was the WORST "cheeser" EVER!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »