Home

Does playing a Nationally or Regionally televised game really mean anything?

This is a discussion on Does playing a Nationally or Regionally televised game really mean anything? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Does playing a Nationally or Regionally televised game really mean anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdreamz
i don't have commentary on my RTG with eastern michigan. I am sure they don't have tv games.
Don't think there is commentary in RTG.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Does playing a Nationally or Regionally televised game really mean anything?

For those who want realism, simply turn off announcer volume for non televised games.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
For those who want realism, simply turn off announcer volume for non televised games.
Yea thats cool and all but the way it was before we didnt have to change anything. And the announcer would say that this is a televised game so it just added to the finaly product in my opinion. But of course they dont care what I think lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

I was never a fan of the non-televised games, but if EA is going to stay with the non-TV games, rather than incorporate the various ESPN outlets that broadcast games, then EA needs to keep like it was – without the commentary.

Radio broadcasts for the non-TV games would be a welcome addition and a new twist on EA’s dated format.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I was definitely a fan of earning your way on TV. I just wish there were a couple numerous regional teams, or they used the old radio guy from Madden 06/07/08 for regional games, then used ESPN broadcast for national games and had those national games and regional games were shown by different stations than just ESPN all the time.

So, for national games, its the ESPN we have now, but its improved more and a lot more alive and feels special. But when you play a regional game, they make names for each team's network, like if its a game in Miami, they use Miami Sports Network, or even just have something like ACC Television. Then have it more basic in presentation, but don't make it stale, just don't have it look exactly like ESPN with a new name. They could even use a generic crew to commentate that game and save the old radio announcer for non televised games so it would make a little more sense for him to be the commentator.

― Plato
Old 09-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I was definitely a fan of earning your way on TV. I just wish there were a couple numerous regional teams, or they used the old radio guy from Madden 06/07/08 for regional games, then used ESPN broadcast for national games and had those national games and regional games were shown by different stations than just ESPN all the time.

So, for national games, its the ESPN we have now, but its improved more and a lot more alive and feels special. But when you play a regional game, they make names for each team's network, like if its a game in Miami, they use Miami Sports Network, or even just have something like ACC Television. Then have it more basic in presentation, but don't make it stale, just don't have it look exactly like ESPN with a new name. They could even use a generic crew to commentate that game and save the old radio announcer for non televised games so it would make a little more sense for him to be the commentator.
^ those are good ideas and all but honestly it will NEVER happen maybe years down the road b/c you aren't the first person I've heard suggest this. I've heard those same suggestions before but think about it.

We still have the same stale commentary from the two-man booth we have now. I think just the PA on non-televised is fine.

Then Big Ten Networks / Pac 10 Network / SEC channel / etc from regional would be fine b/c it's just adding graphic overlays.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #15

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah I wish they could come up with ways to make National and Regional broadcasts seem different, even if they are with the same TV crew.

Maybe less "flair" in the pregame, less stat overlays, no Erin Andrews, etc. for the regional broadcasts.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »